3.4 WON'T START

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 WON'T START

My cousin's 95 3.4 won't start. I had this promblem with my 2000 3.8 camaro. On my 3.8 it was the security and I fixed it by using that little trick alot of you guys used. Where you use a resistor to bypass the security. We tried that on his car but it didn't work. Is it because it's a 3.4? Does it use a different resistor? What else can it be? We don't want to take it to the dealer because they will probly charge him to much. So any help is greatly appreciated.
    Black 2000 A4 v6 camaro (Y87)<br />maf screen removal, cat removal, MSD wires, K&N filter, custom ram air, Transgo shift kit, 3000 stall converter and Nitto drag radials<br />southwestdrags.com

I had a prollem with my 95 3.4L once. It was a Crank Position Sensor. Check the fuses by the drivers side door. There is a 10AMP that is labeled crank, that could be it also. That fuse is also a gheto anti theft. Like if the wife or GF has a key and you don't want them taking the car. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Rob

Just noticed that you were in El Paso. I am getting stationed there at the end of the year. I have a buddy with a 95 Black Formula there.

[ June 24, 2003: Message edited by: rt1 ]</p>
    \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

So I'm guessing you'll be stationed at Fort Bliss. I recomend you check out desert demons dragway when you get out here.
      We changed that fuse you just mentioned because it was bad, but still won't start. Can you give more information about that crank position sensor like where it's located and what it looks like. Thanx
      Black 2000 A4 v6 camaro (Y87)<br />maf screen removal, cat removal, MSD wires, K&N filter, custom ram air, Transgo shift kit, 3000 stall converter and Nitto drag radials<br />southwestdrags.com

Comment

Nevermind, i guess it was just the fuse. My cousin started cleaning everything and it started right up up after that. Thanks for the help

Comment

Cool, gald it was something easy. Remember that fuse comes in handy sometimes. Like when you are going to a club or something and your wife really didn't want you to go, and she is just the type to find where you went and try and get the car while you are inside the club... just pull that fuse, and no start. Hehehe. Well from what I heard anyway. ;)

Yeah, I am going to Ft Bliss. I have orders saying no later than Nov 20 I need to be there. Where is the Desert Demons Dragway at? Is it out where that dirt track is? I have been to the dirt track a few times the last time I was at Bliss. I guess I should write you an email to find out more.

Rob
          \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

Check out there website http://www.dezertdemonz.com or the website thats on my sig. Its the only dragway in el paso now but there is alot competition here. Send me an email if your intrested.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X