HELP WINDOWS GIVING ME PROBLEMS NEED ADVICE!!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP WINDOWS GIVING ME PROBLEMS NEED ADVICE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP WINDOWS GIVING ME PROBLEMS NEED ADVICE!!!

Hey for the past two days I have been having problems with my drivers side window. I roll it down then it gets stuck and I have to wait a few minutes before it moves again. But when it does move it moves at a normal speed. Is this caused by the motor? Is there anything else I should check such as the switches?

Now the weird part. At the same time my window had problems moving it began to feel loose. If I shake the back half of the window it will rattle a bit, nothing major but still not normal. It will feel loose then when I move the window it will feel normal again, then after a few more moves it will again be loose. I took off the door panel today, but I didn't find anything out of the ordinary although I'm not sure of what to look for? Could the burned out motor have caused this somehow and will a new motor fix this. It didn't seem like it was off the guides, maybe the guides need to be tighten somehow?

Also I will be going to autozone tomorrow for the motor, how much do it cost?

One last thing why doesn't this site work?
    http://home.swbell.net/shoebox/windowmotor.html

THANKS FOR THE HELP YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME :D

The motor is about $65 at Autozone - I just picked one up to put in my son's F'bird a little over a month ago.

I used that site too. I dont know why it isn't working now - It was working the just the other day when I showed it to somebody.

Sorry to tell you, but it sounds like your motor is indeed shot. You CAN still get the window up and down by "convincing" it with your free hand while you work the button - but sooner or later, that will stop working too.
    ...it\'s lonely out in space...

Comment

yup... bad window

the looseness doesn't sound too serious but it could be coming off track. i can almost take my window out of my door with my hands it's so loose. i need to get that fixed ;)
      1994 Camaro 3.4L M5 R.I.P.<br />You know what they say- a small engine means big... errr... e/t\'s<br /><a href=\"http://www.pbase.com/rrj72/the_accident\" target=\"_blank\">www.pbase.com/rrj72/the_accident</a><p>replaced with: red 97 A4 vert (my brothers as soon as i find my REAL replacement)<p>soon to come: 1969 RS/SS<p>\"All you need are the esentials: scented candles, massage oil, and Berry White write that down.\" -Van Wilder

Comment

I had to replace the motor on my 94 camaro I used to have. There is a switch in the line to your window motor that protects it from too much heat in the line. The motor is going out and creating too much heat so the switch cuts the connection untill it is cooled down enough to work again.

There's a web page somewhere that has pictures and pretty detailed instructions on changing out just the motor. I just wish I could find the address.

I would suggest getting the motor and the rails(sissor looking things with wheels on the ends) from a junk yard and replacing both, it's easier that way. I forget the price but the place I got mine from was Kelley Lambert's F body Salvage. At the time the only place to get the motor was the dealership for $100+ for each. Too bad right after I finnally installed mine that we ended up selling the car because it had a mysterious water leak. Not long after we sold it the girl driving it got in a wreck and it was totalled. All that work installing the window motors for nothing, oh well.
        1997 Nassau Blue Vette<br />1989 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 (lifted with 31\" tires)<br />2000 V6 Camaro, loud, cammed 210rwhp *SOLD*

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X