Gas Gauge Troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Gauge Troubles

i think my gas gauge is jewish, i can get 230ish miles off the half of the tank from F to half, and barely 100 from Half to E...anyone elses gas gauge like this?

because the shape of the gas tank is like a prizm....

look under your car.. you will see what i mean
    96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

Hello, I am 99% sure that our gas tanks are shaped like a V, because my tank is the same way and I have heard many other people say the same. Also, when the gas get below a quarter tank, the gauge moves noticeable up/down while applying the brake or getting on the gas. Don't worry, what you are experiencing is completely normal ;)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> i think my gas gauge is jewish, i can get 230ish miles off the half of the tank from F to half, and barely 100 from Half to E...anyone elses gas gauge like this? <hr></blockquote>

Holy sh**! [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] that means you get roughly 330 miles to the tank? I can't even break 300 on mine...

EDIT: oops..just saw in your sig you have a M5..that makes sense..

[ May 01, 2003: Message edited by: Camaro_SLP ]</p>
        94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

if i take it easy and avoid driving in town i CAN see 350, but its very very rare

Comment

Gas gauges are the most inaccurate devices in cars today, they have a lot of leeway to keep you from running until empty. Don't sweat it, I've seen gas gauges bob up and down from full all the way to 1/8th and back up :D
            *SOLD 9/4/05*<br />1998 Navy Blue Metallic Camaro M5<br />-Flowmaster cat back<br />-Accel Ignition<br />-K&N Air Filter<br />-Hurst Shift Knob<br /><br />Currently vehicle-less at Ohio State :(

Comment

Welcome to owning an F-Body. From full to "F": 100 miles, from "F" to 3/4: 100 more miles, from 3/4 to 1/2: almost another 100 miles, and finally from 1/2 to "E"...priceless. JK, no about another 100 miles. I can get upwards of 400 miles to a tank down the road. 340-350 with some city driving...gotta love the 3.8. The 3.4 seems to get really poor milage, could be under powered for the car.
              1995 Firebird 3.8 A4, 140,000 miles and going strong<br />Basically Stock, college=poor <p>Junior Mechanical Engineering Student: Milwaukee School of Engineering; Cpl, MN Army National Guard...just got promoted :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X