shaking when cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shaking when cold

it seems like when the car is sitting out in he cold weather, when its first started the car seems like its missing for a minute or two and then it smooths right out.
    does anybody have any suggestions, any help would be appreciated.
    thans 94 camaro 3.4

How many miles are on the car? How cold are we talking here? Was the car sitting out over night or for a long period?

If the engine was real cold (aka sitting out in winter over night) the rough idle might just be a side effect of the cold engine. When the engine is cold, the tolerances between moving parts have gotten larger due to the metal contracting. This could also leave things out of balance, thus making the car shake some. As things warm up, things come back into spec, smoothing out the idle.

Best thing to do in winter is just let the car warm up for a minute or two by letting it idle. The most wear and tear your car sees is cold starts. The oil is all drained to the bottom of the engine and is very thick due to the low temps. It is best to let the oil warm up and get everything oiled with as little load on the engine as you can.
    1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

mine has been doing that for quite some time. I blieve it to be the fuel injectors. I'm gonna go a fule injector cleaning after I get my car back from paint and if that doesn't fix it I'm just gonna rip the fuel rail out and replace all the injectors and regulator and see if that fixes it. If not I'm gonna talk to some of the other guys I work with and see if they have any sugestions. But I also blieve what Distephano said that could also very well be true.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X