adjustable rocker arms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjustable rocker arms?

Any idea if our stock rocker arms are adjustable?
    1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

What do you mean adjustable?

The ability to change the rate they open the vavles, or they start ticking and you can tighten them to stop the ticking?

Comment

Adjusting the rate they open the valves.
      thanks..

ps..i'm asking for someone with a 2002 Camaro v6

[ May 01, 2003: Message edited by: ravenp ]</p>
      1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Comment

i'm wondering about the same thing...to stop the ticking tho

--matt

Comment

If you want to stop valve clack, run a thicker oil like Valvoline Maxlife 10W-30 or Mobil 1 0W-40. It ended all valve clatter for my 02 Camaro.

Our valves are non adjustable hydraulic roller, you cannot adjust the *lash* like on a Honda.
          2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
          Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Valves are not adjustable, I know a decent amount about 3.8Ls as well. Afterall I do have one in the family.

As for valve ticking...

YOu can try to flush the motor that might fix it, it can be caused by the rockers gettting gunked up.

Adjusting the valves might be what is needed but it could also be the lifters on the cam shaft, depends on miles and other things on your car.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X