Strange Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Noise

I'm reposting this to see if I can get any help this time... last time I did not learn anything.. hopefully someone can give me some suggestions
    "Ok i'm not sure whats going on but when my car is in drive and i'm at a complete stop I hear a metallic rumbling sound and its not coming from the muffler.. almost directly under the car in the middle.. it goes away when I give the car gas and it goes away when I put in into park... what does this mean?"

Also It seems to occur more just after full throttle or hard acceleration... and does not occur much with just regular driving.

[ July 25, 2002: Message edited by: fathazam ]</p>
    1997 Medium Quasar Blue A4 Hardtop<br />Stero<br />Alpine Stereo CDM-7857,Kenwood Amplifier KAC-848,Two 12 Inch Pyle New Wave Subs<br />Appearance<br />Headlight, TailLight, and Turn Signal Blackouts, Limo Tint on Hatch, 35% Tint on Sides, Orange Painted Calipers and Drums, Orange Engraved Camaro, Orange Painted Hood Scoops, Orange Camaro Windshield Decal<br />Performance <br />160* thermostat, Custom T/A dual exhaust, K&N Filter, NGK Spark Plugs, All Synthetic Fluids (Maybe not a mod but costs some damn $$$), 80 Series Flowmaster with Custom Dual Exhaust, (In The Making) 3.42 Gears, Zexel Torsen Limited Slip Differential, Goodyear Eagle 1 \"Z\" Rated Tires<br /><a href=\"http://darius.100megsfree5.com/home.html\" target=\"_blank\">http://darius.100megsfree5.com/home.html</a><p>So Its not the fastest car ever made... The girls love it anyways.

If you have a manual trans, I would suggest checking the throw-out bearing, slave cylinder, and/or your pilot bushing. Also, check your driveshaft and u-joints, make sure everything is properly greased. If it's an auto trans, I have no idea what would make noises like that if in-fact it was internally.
    Good luck,
    Marc.
    sigpic

Comment

Oops, sorry. I just read your post again. You throw it into park, so it's an auto. Check out your drive shaft and u-joints still. Maybe they are causing your noises.
      -Marc
      sigpic

Comment

If it's not your clutch components, check your Y-pipe. Jack the car up and hit the Y-pipe with a rubber mallet ,see if this makes a similiar noise.
        99 Dodge Quadcab<br />Traded: 2001 Camaro(will be missed)<p>Be wary of anything that can bleed for 5 days and live....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X