blowing fuse for guage lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blowing fuse for guage lights

the 5 amp fuse keeps "blowing" for the lights in my guage and the drive position indicator and yes it is the right amperage. I tried putting in a 10amp fuse but it "blew" within 30 seconds I have a 93 3.4. There must ba a short somewhere but I don't know where to look. Where do I look I hope I dont have to open the dash.
    93 3.4 w/K&N FIPK installed 1/13/04

Sounds like a bad dimmer switch, at least thats what mine was. If you turn the knob up all the way, the instrument lights should still work, you just can't have them very dim. Hope that makes sense. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

ALSO
      If you messed w/ any wiring recently, it is more than likely a ground or two wires rubbing.

Comment

The guage lights still don't come on no matter what poosition the dimmers switch is on but the dome and reading lights will still come on if i turn the switch to the on position. No I haven't messed with any wiring recently but I am thinking it is a short I just don't know where to start to look. I can probably get a voltage tester that the electricians use but what do i test?

Comment

I don't think shorts happend just like that. Have you replace the dimmer switch by any chance? It's worth a shot and costs like 10 bux. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

no i havent replaced the dimmer switch just the fuse. I can still turn on the dome lights using the dimmer switch even when the fuse is blown could the dimmer switch still be bad if I can do that.

Comment

To be quite honest im still having the same exact problem right now (haven't fixed it).

I can still turn on the dome lights and my gauges still light up only if I have it on the max setting.
              I found out I had a short on one of the leds I installed so I fixed it, now my gauge lights work again, they just don't dim.
              Only thing I can think of that is wrong is the dimmer switch, because thats the only fuse that continously went out, interior lights still work and all, just the ones that are controlled by the dimmer don't dim.
              If you don't wanna buy the dimmer switch for fear that im wrong just wait some days and I'll buy it and give you a better and affirmative answer.
              Good luck

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X