1996 free mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 free mods?

what mods are there for the 1996 camaro that would improve performance? such as tb port and polish and anything else. is it true that the P&P will cause it to run poor unless you have a maft+? any ideas would be great. thanks in advance.
    white 1996 camaro 3800: flowmaster American thunder cat back. hypertech 160* stat, and manual fan switch

I don't think if you P&Ped the heads it would cause it to run lean or rich. My friend works at a machine shop and done a few cars. However if you P&Ped the Throttle Body I think that would be an issue and you would have to get a MAFT. Too much of a problem if you ask me though. And after the purchase of a maft, and probably an A/F gauge, it's not too free.

Comment

I would not recommend P/P the Throttle Body. You could cause more harm than good and the performance aspect isn't worth the troulbe if there is any. I really can't think of any free performance mods, but and SLP intake is a good mod which won't break the bank.
      <b>99\' Black Camaro SS</b> <br />M6/T-Tops - SLPLid w/K&N | Hurst Billet Plus w/ LSS | EGR Mod<p>Black 97\' Camaro T-Tops (RIP)

Comment

Yea I caused a nightmare just taking my TB off. Made the mistake of not using gasket sealant on the gasket and all this antifreeze flooded my engine, fouling out all my spark plugs and ruining a lot of sensors on it's way. Talk about fun.

Comment

tb bypass is almost free...
          radio shack resistor is almost free....

manual fan switch is free if you have a spare switch and a soldering gun and some wire lying around... like i did :D

you can pull that stupid scilencer thing off the side of the airbox

remove the spare tire and jack??? i guess thats free...

the autozone 160 and 180 degree thermostat are about 3 dollars.

i guess thats about it

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
          Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

whats a tb bypass? what does it do? thanks.
            white 1996 camaro 3800: flowmaster American thunder cat back. hypertech 160* stat, and manual fan switch

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
              by ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
              1 week ago
            • RPDRed6
              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
              by RPDRed6
              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
              3 weeks ago
            • ssms5411
              No start problem
              by ssms5411
              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X