center console too high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• center console too high

Does anybody else think that the center console sits up too high. I've had my 2002 a few months and thought I'd get used to it, not happening. Really gets in the way of my occasional spirited driving if you know what I mean. Looks like I'll try to take it out and do a little trimming/modifying, something. Anybody know of an aftermarket replacement that sits lower?
    man in a white car

.... do yourself a favor.. get a diffrent car..

this has gota be the stupidest thing i have ever seen..

its right up there with how ****ty the ride is, the windows are too slow, and the cup holder(s) s*** a**..

ITS A CAMARO.. deal W/It
    ~Billy

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AllTheGoodNamesAreGone:
      .... do yourself a favor.. get a diffrent car..

this has gota be the stupidest thing i have ever seen..

its right up there with how ****ty the ride is, the windows are too slow, and the cup holder(s) s*** a**..

ITS A CAMARO.. deal W/It
      ~Billy
      <hr></blockquote>

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
      millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

Comment

OHH right.. and I bet the car rattles somewhere too..

~Billy

Comment

The interior is designed as close to perfect as can be expected. I fit fine in my car, maybe you need to be re-adjusted. You could try sitting on a phone book, it could fix your height issue.
          Don't even ***** about the mileage, that's the point of this car. If your roof leaks, you have T-tops too. You're lucky you have a Camaro, otherwise you'd be replacing headlight gears before too long. Hope swapping out window motors doesn't bother you, they don't have much lifespan either. I'm praying audio isn't your thing either, because you don't have enough power to run both a sound system and your headlights. There were things these cars were meant to do, and things they weren't. I hear the new honda Pilot is comfortable, maybe you should trade that horribly designed Camaro in for a new honda.
          1997 Mystic Teal Firebird w/ T-tops<br />3800 II V6 A4<br />Custom dual exhaust, modified airbox, K&N filter, ground effects, more to come...

Comment

all right... i think thats enough hazin' for one newbee..

Honsetly man.. I really dont know what u shuld do.. i doubt anyone really does.. the way the console is setup you you dont have much of a way to lower it.. take it a part and look for yourself..

also try adjusting your seat to a more ocmfertable position..

good luck, i would just ignore it and enjoy your car.. it could be worse.. you could be 6'7" like me.. then you would have problems..

"you don't have enough power to run both a sound system and your headlights"

now.. come on man.. thats all fixable.. get yourself an optima yellow top and a cap.. and maybe an alternator.. i was (my system got solen lat summer) running over 1250 watts off the stock alternator, a yellow top, and a cap.. and my headlights dident as much as flicker.. hell even at idle my guage barley flickered..

I was using super efficent amps.. but.. i worked them real real real hard..

~Billy

[ May 03, 2003: Message edited by: AllTheGoodNamesAreGone ]</p>

Comment

not much you can do about console heigth, if you mess with is and lower it the shifting mechanism will stick out way too far and look ugly....bahahaha, a cap...thats about as usefull as a one legged man in an a** kicking contest. all it is is a bandaid over a gunshot wound.

[ May 03, 2003: Message edited by: pigglyroot ]</p>

Comment

yeah lets lay off the poor guy for a while. But like said above there is not much more you can do about it. You can lift the seat up I think. I have power seats and mine go up and down. I think it was 12secondv6 who just found out a while ago that his manual seats went up and down too. if they don't you can always put shims or washers between the seat and the floor to give you a couple inches. I personlly love sitting as low a possible. Trust me you will get used to it and will soon love it. A couple months is not long enough. Took me about six months before I felt at home. I now hate driving cars that have a low arm rest. I bet not seeing the front bumper as you drive bugs the hell out of you too lol. It did for me for the longest time. Give it time before you start cutting up your car. ;)
                White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

Get yourself a stack of phonebooks to sit on. That should lower the console.
                  <br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/nitroxxx28\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/nitroxxx28</a>

Comment

I have seen a lot of people make custom consoles for their cars. You would either have to take it somewhere and have them mold you one, or if you know how to work with fiberglass, you could probably do it yourself.
                    Check this out, or search google:
                    http://www.stompkins.com/sound/tacomasound.html

Comment

...easy people,
                      That's my only qualm about the car right now, no biggie. No height issue either. Hitting my knees on the steering wheel as it is and having to hunker down to see below the visor, just long arms I guess. A simple fix of the console is all I need, feels like the car is made for midgets. Thought maybe a vette console might work or earlier model camaro.
                      man in a white car

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X