foul exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• foul exhaust

I have a 95 3.4 with a 5 speed. when the car starts there is some smoke and the exhaust is real bad smellin even after the car has been running for a while the exhaust still reeks...now I know that exhaust is not supposed to smell like roses but I dont remember it smellin this bad. the car does have 100k miles on it. Does anyone have any ideas on what it is and how or if I can fix it.

my guess would be that you need a new catalytic converter
    New Car: 2004 GTP Comp G (Test Vehicle) 13.936@99.32 <br />Mods: Cylinder Filter,No Mufflers, 3.3\" <br />Old Car: 2000 Formula 13.124 @ 106.01 with 2.73\'s<br />Other Car: 1993 Firebird 16.1@83

Comment

The cat is new, less than 2k miles on it..I was thinking about the map sensor???

Comment

if it smells like eggs, its the cat.

Comment

Does it smell rich?

My brother's 3.8 had an SES light on because an O2 sensor was out....it had that rich, "too much fuel burned" smell to it.

Replaced O2, problem solved, SES light gone [img]smile.gif[/img]
          --<b>David</b>--<br /><a href=\"http://bryant2.bryant.edu/~dsantore/index.htm\" target=\"_blank\">The <b>NEW</b> V6Bird Website!</a> <br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/thev6bird\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain site</a><br />ΔX

Comment

it does smell rich(like fuel) but new o2 sensors were just put on. Since I put the new o2 sensors and the new cat I have only put about 2k miles one it.

Comment

Pull one of your plugs and see what it looks like. If it is black and sooty then it is running rich, if it is black and oily then it is burning oil from somewhere, if it is brown or yellow then it is running like it should. You might have dirty injectors, that will cause a rich contion sometimes.
              2004 Dodge Dakota 3.7 litres of raw power!!<br />Nothing but a 6!<br />Do you know for sure? John 3:18

Comment

Is there a chance that you may have purchased some bad gas?
                You can achieve anything for which you are prepared to pay the price.<br /> --ATTILA THE HUN

Comment

its been doin this for a while..I replaced the map sensor. so I will see what happens

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X