3.4L sensor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4L sensor question

Well I think its a sensor but not totaly sure. I'm curious about this plug next to my thermostat housing on my 3.4L V6 camaro. Its sitting on the intake manifold just below the thermostat housing directly under the with "Y" looking thing. There is a plug connected to it but I'm not sure what it does and am kind of curious. I blieve its either a camshaft sensor or a temp sensor. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and know what is it. I'm just curious as to what is it. I did a search but I'm not sure what to type in so it did lil good.

Does it have two wires sticking out of it and is on the lower intake manifold right beside the thermostat? If it is, it's the coolant sensor.
    ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

yeah I blieve it has two wires sticking out of it. But the weird thing is the other day I was cleaning out my cooling system just flushing it and trying to keep it clean so I uncliped the wire going to it so I wouldn't damage it. So when the time came around to start my car up I forgot to reconnect it my car was running like ****. Extreamly rough idle almost wanting to die. Would that uncliped cause that because when I pluged it back in the car started running absolutly fine and kind of freaked me out a lil and don't know what to think about it.

Comment

Come to think of it I do remeber my car doing that when I first got it. It ran like *** big time, I got a nasty idle, the car also smelled like *** and it backfired. I didn't know much (to be quite honest with you) about cars at that time, so I took it to a mechanic cuz I had no ****en clue what was wrong w/ the it.
        (What you are about to hear will shock you!!!)
        He ran a computer check with the OBD system thats when he told me I need a new temp sensor. So he comes w/ a new one and tells me
        "Well, it's gonna be $25 for the computer check, $25 for the coolant sensor, and $25 for the installation, do you want to put it on."
        Me being a dumbass I said yes, I had no idea where it went or how to install it so he puts it on in like less than 2 mins. reconnects the battery, turns on the car then looks at me: "that'll be $75!" :eek: SOB!!!
        Sure enough the rough idle went away, but he gave it me through the anus! :(
        Some time later I found out they cost $5.29 at Oreillys :mad: .............true story btw
        ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

that sucks *** man sorry to hear about that. But thats now mechanics make their money.

Comment

Damn temp sensor mine was not really responding so I bought one for $12.00... unplugged mine could not find the right socket to fit it... so said oh well plugged it back in now it works.. Piece of ***t... oh well have one in the garage now for later...

Comment

Hey crasher, that can make your car run like crap. Because there is two temp sensors on our engines. One for the gauge in you dash, and one for your computer. And what weird is when it is unplugged, I think it reads like a really LOW default of something like -40*. And of course telling this to your computer, and it will start f-ing with you timing hardcore. Moral of the story? Plug it back in. ;) Later dude.
              Jordan<br />15.09@90.7<br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=21\" target=\"_blank\"><b>1995 Camaro 3.4 M5</b></a>

Comment

when my temp was bad the car idled like crap plus the engine used to die when you drive it :D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X