Wrecked my bird, whats next,,,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrecked my bird, whats next,,,

So I was going down 17-92 and some guy in a work truck pulls out to make a left, and bam. Totaled my 94 :( . Should be settling with the insurance company soon probably about 4k. Looking to get a 3.8 bird, anyone know of any for sale, and what should I be looking for with 4-5k in hand? Thanks!
    94 Firebird 3.4 - RIP<br />97 Firebird 3.8 - In the works

your going to be stuck still with a 98- bird with that small amount of money. but i think you can find a good 96 97 with that kind of money
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I got my 95 for 5000 and it has a 3.4 but i guess the convertible makes it alot more expensive.
      95 camaro 3.4 &lt; Jc whitney Exhaust, Chrome intake stage 2, Rk sport headers, msd dis-4, 160*thermo, Jet stage 2 chip, black racing stripes.<br /><br />91 Camaro rs 5.0 tbi gone but not forgoten

Comment

Ouch, that sucks dude. Where on 17-92 were you?
        Matt
        1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
        Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

u can still get a 98+ if you finance it or something, dont think you'll find one for $5,000
          99\' W68 Firebird<br />SLP Ram air kit,Whisper Air Lid, k&n, 8mm Taylor Wires, Bridgestone Potenzas RE950, BMR Red LCAs, Pacesetter Headers and 3\"in catalytic converter with 2.75\" Flowmaster Cat-back<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/501008\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/501008</a>

Comment

Originally posted by 98Camaro3.8:
            The guy pulled out of Fern Drive, it's right before enterprise if your headed toward Sanford.. I didn't think of financing, what $ range am I looking at for a good 98/99?

Comment

Originally posted by tWiStEdBird:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 98Camaro3.8:
              The guy pulled out of Fern Drive, it's right before enterprise if your headed toward Sanford.. I didn't think of financing, what $ range am I looking at for a good 98/99? </font>[/QUOTE]I know you're looking for a 98-99, but as a reference, I bought my 2000 last year in march with 35k on the clock for $12k out the door.
              2000 silver A4 Camaro<br />Whisper lid; Free Ram Air; BMR stb; MSD super conductor wires; Gatorback belt?<br />1986 RX-7 (daily driver)

Comment

I got my 2000 camaro with 10.5k miles, 3.8 out the door w/warranty for 14.5k. Bought it last may.
                255/50R16 Tires, Pioneer Deck, Pioneer 4 Way speakers, PPI Amps, JL subs, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, Optima Yellow Top

Comment

i got mine last july for 9750 [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img] it was worth 12,500 so says KBB

your not going to find a good 98+ with that little amount of money. they sell them, but they arent good ;)
                  2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I bought my 99 M5 firebird last year for $8500 with 70000 miles on it. It is the rare color only made in 99, only 1500 total produced and half trans ams, mostly automatics, and some convertibles. I would estimate there were only 250 or so like mine produced. But the guy I bought it from didnt know that... :)

I would recommend buying from ebay, as long as you go and test drive it first, and your buying from a person instead of a dealer, just my experiences.
                    M5, posi, headers-3\"hooker catback, spec2, alum DS, whisper lid & K&N, hurst, eagle 077s w/kumho supras, subframes, 3point stb, trans hatch

Comment

Would everyone here hate me if I went LT1? I figured if I am gonna get financed I might as well go with an LT1, I found a really nice Trans Am, 96 M6, with 92k on the clock. About 5-6k.

Comment

a sweet car is a sweet car...so its your choice man...but running brand new V8 times in a V6 is so much fun haha...i'd either get the LT1 and supercharge it...or just go with another 3.4 and get a turbo kit from Tiago or someone..i dunno if Shane is still selling his
                        <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Yeah, I'll have my check monday, so I'll let you guys know. Thanks for all the input. If it is a V6 it's gonna be a 3.8, and I'll turbo, if LT1, supercharger of course. One things for sure no more damn automatics! I'm not spending that much time/money to rebuild a slipping tranny again! No more tranny fluid soaked clothes for me! Thank again everyone! [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

Comment

i'll sell you my 2000 3.8 for 4grand. email me at themax030@yahoo.com for more info

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                              New Site Hosting Issues
                              by FirebirdGT
                              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                              1 week ago
                            • LETZRIDE
                              New Owner!
                              by LETZRIDE
                              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                              3 weeks ago
                            • LETZRIDE
                              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                              02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X