Simultanious Multiple Codes! Please help! Car acting weird! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simultanious Multiple Codes! Please help! Car acting weird!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simultanious Multiple Codes! Please help! Car acting weird!

My car is really starting to get jacked up. I just hit 100,000 miles and this is probably the beginning of the end.

First of all, this problem came out of nowhere, I got gas from 7-11 which I didn't want to do and I thought bad gasoline was the problem or maybe something was blocking the air filter but it's still persisting on the next tank and there is nothing in the filter so I guess these are not causes.
    Physically, it feels like my car is bogging out when I let off of the gas pedal. When I try to cruise along at a steady pace, it's not confortable because the car noticebly jerks when the gas is let off and then pressed on again. Last night when it was acting like this(the problem also seems to come and go), I had it in neutral and the RPMs started revving to about 3k and just kind of stayed there til I pushed the clutch in, then they just dropped down to idle(although this doesn't happen often even when the problem is there so it may have been some fluke thing).

Right when this happened last night, I immediately autotapped the car and pulled these codes:

P0122 - Pending
    TP Sensor Circuit Low Voltage

P0452 - Pending
    Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor Low Input

P0122 - History

P0122 - History

P0452 - History
    Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor Low Input

P1107 - History
    Manifold Absolute Pressure [MAP] Sensor Circuit Intermittent Low Voltage

P1122 - History
    Throttle Position [TP] Sensor Circuit Intermittent Low Voltage

P0122 - History

Those are the exact codes that I the computer came up with. I'm totally baffled. I'm convinced that it must be one thing causing all of these problems but I don't know what it could be. Any help would be great! [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img]
    - JT3<br />1998 Red V6 Camaro Y87 Y3F - J.E.T. Chip Stage II - Clear Parking Lights - Removed Grill - K&N - Whisper Lid - !FRA MOD - MAF Screen Removed - Pro 5.0 - Pacesetter Headers - Magnaflow Catback - 32mm Front Swaybar - And A System(bump bump)

Looking at the service manual, it look's like you may have some bad wiring from the PCM. It mentioned checking the TPS, MAP sensor, and Fuel Tank Pressure sensor. You've had problems with all of them, so it sounds like that's the problem. It says the solution is to "Repair intermittent open/short circuit in wiring harness as necessary." All 3 of those sensor come from the 5 Volt Reference A from the PCM. This is on pin 33 of the PCM (upper or lower, I'm not sure which), and is a Grey wire.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Thanks for the help and I really like how you explained it. I will look into that. I actually had the PCM off over this last weekend so I may not have reconnected it well enough. Thanks a ton! I'll repost if I can't figure it out from here. Thanks Matt!
      - JT3<br />1998 Red V6 Camaro Y87 Y3F - J.E.T. Chip Stage II - Clear Parking Lights - Removed Grill - K&N - Whisper Lid - !FRA MOD - MAF Screen Removed - Pro 5.0 - Pacesetter Headers - Magnaflow Catback - 32mm Front Swaybar - And A System(bump bump)

Comment

Thank you so much for the help. I looked under my hood at the PCM to see if I could figure out the problem by just glancing at it. And it was literally that easy to fix! I guess with my JET chip raising all the wiring, the hood hinge area was coming down on the wires and it had worn through the rubber coating and was touching the actual copper in the wires. There were about 3 wires getting worn through.
        So all i had to do was wrap it in a little tape and it was fixed! I was so happy. It also fixed my gas tank gauge problem I have been having. I was so close to sawing my car open in the back to replace the fuel sending unit, it's not even funny.

:D [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X