Pass 2 lock system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pass 2 lock system

i put a resistor in my wiring to bypass the broken ignition lock cylinder (see other post). well, my teacher told me that hes not sure about the pass 3 system will lock everything up for good cause it can since a resistor. it has something to do with leaving the key in for days and it will lock things up. anyone know if this is a problem i might face?
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

This is the PassKey 2 system, not 3. Putting the resistor in is a very common thing, and I've never heard of anyone having problems with it. If the system senses a fault then it will default to "Fail Enable" mode, which means it will work as if it wasn't even there.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

ok good, he wasnt too sure if it was a passkey 2 problem. but he said the new passkey 3 system will sense it and lock your car up for good. can someone say a new comp :D lol

he thinks that if you remove the resistor, that the lock out will open :shrug: not a problem for me [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I just did some reading in the GM Service Manual. The newer cars have a system known as Passlock, which is different than PASS-Key. Passlock doesn't use a resistor in the key, and it works completely different. Looks like it would be a little harder to bypass.
        Matt
        1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
        Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

ok, thats probably what he is thinking of :thumbsup:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
            New Site Hosting Issues
            by FirebirdGT
            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
            1 week ago
          • LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            3 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X