Help please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please!!

About a month ago, I noticed that the floor behind the driver's seat was soaked. I lifted up the mat, and water poured from it. I didn't think anything of it cuz I'm always carting around my little brother and his friends, so I took the mat out and put towels down. About a week after that, I checked the towels and they were completely soaked. There was about an inch of standing water under them. WTF! I cleaned it all up, and haven't really noticed anything 'till last night. I was installing my speakers when I noticed the huge chunk of ice on the floor. I poked around, and under the carpet is all frozen. What the hell is going on?!? It can't be the T-tops leaking, cuz the seats would be all wet. Could there be a hole in my floor?!? AHHHH!!!!!! Help please!!

PS - If this isn't the right section for this ... sorry!
    \'97 Camaro, 3800 Series II, Anniversary Edition * Bright Green Metallic --&gt; T-Tops * Flowmaster Exhaust * TPS Throttle enhancer * SLP Cold air intake .....<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/camaro1821\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/camaro1821</a> <br />AIM - Cycochic69

I'm pretty sure that a wet spot in that area goes back to a leak somewhere with the hatch. Search the general tech area, you should find an answer.

And yeah... this isn't the right section.
    1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

Found it, 2 seconds of searching:

http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...=006141#000013

Read that thread, then go check your car to see if thats it. Chances are it is.
      1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

It sounds like a t-top leak... The water from the t-top is channeled towards the top of the rear of the door, then it goes INSIDE the weatherstripping down inside the door and is let out towards the bottom of the rear of the door.

If the screw holding the weatherstripping flush with the weatherchannel is loose water will get underneath it and run along the inside of the speaker sail panel down to the ground, and for a puddle on the bottom of the floor board, where the floor mats are.

1st, make sure you have the plastic clip retainer/guide(screw is in it)
        2nd, make sure the screw is tight and look at the bottom of it, and make sure its flush.

If you still have problems after this(you can do a hose test to make sure the water is being channeled down the weatherstripping) Go buy some Black RTV sealant(doesn't have to be high temp or anything), pull the screw and clip, clean up under neath where the retainer clip is and put a slather some black RTV sealant under there and tighten the clip on top of it. That should fix it.

If you still have a problem then it sounds like you might have junk, a tear or somehting else in your weatherstripping.

If you still have some problems you can IM me or e-mail me at eric.morton@gmail.com

Its kind of funny it froze though. [img]smile.gif[/img]

BTW for what its worth. Front t-top leaks are going to be at the bottom of the front A-pillars, at the front of the door.

The rear leak is going to be at rear floor boards(mainly right at the edge of the rear seats)
        -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

I ran into wet rear floors some when it rained really hard in my '95 convertable. it was a bad seal between the top and the window.
          RedlineVSix

Comment

Originally posted by 95fbirdkid:
            I ran into wet rear floors some when it rained really hard in my '95 convertable. it was a bad seal between the top and the window.
            That leak you will normally hear heavy windnoise when you are driving...

I know all these leaks very well [img]smile.gif[/img]
            -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X