Any way to tell if my car has had a Jet Chip used? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to tell if my car has had a Jet Chip used?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to tell if my car has had a Jet Chip used?

I put 92 octane in my car yesterday and it runs a whole lot better. No misses, stuttering, etc. Is there any way to check if my car has had a Jet Chip used on it that would require my car to run 91 or above octane? Also if it has been modified, will any harm come to the engine if I run 87-89 octane in it? Thanks in advance.
    *SOLD 9/4/05*<br />1998 Navy Blue Metallic Camaro M5<br />-Flowmaster cat back<br />-Accel Ignition<br />-K&N Air Filter<br />-Hurst Shift Knob<br /><br />Currently vehicle-less at Ohio State :(

Look at the PCM....if there is a big Jetchip module then you have it....if you don't see anything unusual....you don't. Thats the only possible computer tuning unless its custom done.
    <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

there's powerprogrammers that plug into the diagnostics port too.

Comment

Is there some sort of cover that goes over the diagnostic port? Cause I just see the port exposed. That's what made me think someone used that kind of tuner.
        *SOLD 9/4/05*<br />1998 Navy Blue Metallic Camaro M5<br />-Flowmaster cat back<br />-Accel Ignition<br />-K&N Air Filter<br />-Hurst Shift Knob<br /><br />Currently vehicle-less at Ohio State :(

Comment

mine's exposed

Comment

nope, there are no covers on camaro/firebird obdii ports

~Billy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X