Power Window Motor.....FIX......guide included - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power Window Motor.....FIX......guide included

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Window Motor.....FIX......guide included

http://nikon.250free.com/window/index.htm

here ya go ya monkeys [img]tongue.gif[/img] hope my hard work :rolleyes: helps some of you out....enjoy ;)

EDIT: DO NOT just jump a wire across the thermistor, this can cause the wires to melt and eventually start a fire in your car, causing possible injury, and/or death.

[ May 06, 2003: Message edited by: nikon ]</p>

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

nice.. thanks man

~Billy

Comment

Cool, too bad I don't have power windows :( ....Yet [img]graemlins/evilgrin.gif[/img]
      <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

I'm gonna give that a try this week. If it works, I swear I'll send you a dollar out of appreciation. You take paypal nikon?
        1997 Mystic Teal Firebird w/ T-tops<br />3800 II V6 A4<br />Custom dual exhaust, modified airbox, K&N filter, ground effects, more to come...

Comment

i know theres instructions on how to remove the window motors, can someone throw me that link?

thanks

edit: nevermind, a little search helped

http://home.swbell.net/shoebox/windowmotor.html

[ May 04, 2003: Message edited by: defrag ]</p>
          <a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/e/defrag/sig.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">1997 Firebird V6-Y87/W68</a>

Comment

No dollar for you just yet. I took apart the motor I had taken out of my driver side door a month ago, but it's completely different. It must be an aftermarket motor, because the layout is no where near the same. It had the three metal tabs to bend back, but after that it was all different. Once I took the plastic backing off, that released the two brushes from the motor, which had been held in by springs. There was no thermistor in this aftermarket, but there was a large amount of black grease around where the motor would rotate inside the casing. This would work with the GM motors, but I have no way to even reseal my aftermarket one because I can't compress the brushes into the spring-holds again.
            1997 Mystic Teal Firebird w/ T-tops<br />3800 II V6 A4<br />Custom dual exhaust, modified airbox, K&N filter, ground effects, more to come...

Comment

lololol.. dam.. must suck to be you nivit0.. maybe they used diffrent motors..

nikon has a 2000.. they changed alot of crap after and jsut before your model year (97)... so.. i dunno.. its possible that you jsut have an old motor

~Billy

Comment

yes might I add the motor this procedure was performed on is 2 weeks old, and yes it had burnt out already....I think you have the siemens motor...you just explained the one I put in my car....

05' CTS-V

Comment

Lol, this couldnt have come at a better time- my window motor just went out too. Thanks so much!
                  All gone :(<br />Best ET ever: 14.3 (I think)<br />----------------------------<br />Check out my site for exhaust clips, burnouts, and pictures, and the supercharger throttle body mod.<br /><a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/net_addict/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">Click on the Firebird</a>

Comment

Justin, one thing to keep in mind is that thermistor is there to stop the stock wiring from overheating so what you did works but you also run a higher risk of the insulator melting off of the stock wiring and then starting a fire. Not a big risk mind you but still a risk. I would put a disclaimer on your site before some idiot comes *****ing about how he burnt his car down because of the mod. I just don't want to see you run into any legal problems.
                    3.42 gears w/ LSD,<br />Headers, Cat delete, Loudmouth,<br />SLP intake, K&N, Whisper Lid, <br />EGR delete

Comment

I know what your talking about, i put in my other post that I just jumped the wires and it worked but I also mentioned that another type of circuit breaker must be used....preferably a thermistor....Im at school now but when I get home yes, I will edit my page with the disclaimer....thanks chris

05' CTS-V

Comment

no problem, any time
                        3.42 gears w/ LSD,<br />Headers, Cat delete, Loudmouth,<br />SLP intake, K&N, Whisper Lid, <br />EGR delete

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X