Leaking antifreeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking antifreeze

Well I'm leaking anti freeze now. its comin from around the back of the motor. Anyone know where it is comin from? My pass frame rail is covered in it but I can't find the leak.
    2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Heater core???
    I'm guessing
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Check the line running to the tranny
      97 Red Firebird<br />Best N/A 1/4: 13.98<br />Best N/A MPH: 96.13<br />Best Nitrous 1/4: 12.49<br />Best Nitrous MPH: 108.53<p>2001 Pewter Camaro SS <br />GTP Stage II Heads, Pig Cam, Holley Intake, SLP Headers, SLP Lid, Vigalante 3600 Stall Converter, MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust, Duel Electric Cut-Outs<br />11.26@121

Comment

Um, I didn't think coolant (antifreeze) runs to the tranny.
        Tranny fluid does flow through the radiator though seperate from coolant
        Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
        nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
        2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
        2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

FREEZE PLUG!!!!

Comment

at this point I have come to find every damned spot radiator fluid would go... (see my posted topic for more info). If it were the heater core itself the water would be coming into the dash board area... however the hoses going to the heater core can leak and go right along the bottom of the firewall... somethign to check out =)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 12secondv6:
              Um, I didn't think coolant (antifreeze) runs to the tranny.
              Tranny fluid does flow through the radiator though seperate from coolant
              <hr></blockquote>

Its been a long couple of days, I am blabbering
              :( [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img]
              97 Red Firebird<br />Best N/A 1/4: 13.98<br />Best N/A MPH: 96.13<br />Best Nitrous 1/4: 12.49<br />Best Nitrous MPH: 108.53<p>2001 Pewter Camaro SS <br />GTP Stage II Heads, Pig Cam, Holley Intake, SLP Headers, SLP Lid, Vigalante 3600 Stall Converter, MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust, Duel Electric Cut-Outs<br />11.26@121

Comment

wow that's a new one on me... when my water pump went out i couldn't figure out where the fluid was coming from at first. that was way before any car knowledge I've obtained over the years btw ;) where does coolant flow near the back of the engine?
                1994 Camaro 3.4L M5 R.I.P.<br />You know what they say- a small engine means big... errr... e/t\'s<br /><a href=\"http://www.pbase.com/rrj72/the_accident\" target=\"_blank\">www.pbase.com/rrj72/the_accident</a><p>replaced with: red 97 A4 vert (my brothers as soon as i find my REAL replacement)<p>soon to come: 1969 RS/SS<p>\"All you need are the esentials: scented candles, massage oil, and Berry White write that down.\" -Van Wilder

Comment

Well I think it is the water pump. I figured out that it is coming from the cross member and leaking vary rapidly. So looks like another trip to the dealer they can install it with the new transmission parts on Friday. [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
                  2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

could be a freeze plug...located at the BACK of the engine....but you dont have to consider what I am saying...I have only had EVERYTHING go wrong with my coolant system.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X