Plug wire question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plug wire question

I'm gonna be putting tubular manifolds on my car in a week or so, and I'm going to be changing the wires too. What is better to go with, the straight spark plug boot like on the Accel wires or the 90 degree boot on the Taylors? With the '96 manifolds its a very, very tight squeeze for the straight boot on my Accels. The end of almost every boot rests on the heat sheild. Will there be enough room to use the stright boots on Accels or are Taylors better with tubular manifolds?

I need to know soon because I've gotta change the plugs sooner then that because of my stumbling problem, and those crappy Accel wires break when you pull them off the spark plugs. If the Taylors are better I'm gonna have to order and wait for them to get here cause I'm gonna need new wires when I change the plugs.

Does anyone know where I could get Taylor plugs locally?
    ~Derrick <a href=\"http://www.appstate.edu/~do54457/\" target=\"_blank\"><i>My Webpage</i></a><br /><b>\'96 3.8L V6 M5 Firebird Y87</b> | <b>162.8 RWHP</b> / <b>196.7 RWTQ</b> <br /><b>•</b> SLP CAI <b>•</b> <a href=\"http://tech.firebirdv6.com/y87.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>Y87</b> Package</a> - 3.23s <b>•</b> 180º thermo w/ fan switch <b>•</b> TB spacer from DEE<br />1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dojo2000:
    those crappy Accel wires break when you pull them off the spark plugs<hr></blockquote>
    No they don't. At least I've never done that. Did you use Di-electric grease?
    \'94 Camaro 3.4<br />\"No, Starvin Marvin. That\'s my pot pie.\"

Comment

i have the taylors and i dont think a straight boot is a good idea even on tubular headers. besides, you get to reuse the heat shields if you keep the 90 degree designs (i believe taylor makes better loooking heat shields for the plug boots. i went with the firesleeves though since it protects more of the wire.)

Comment

With the tubular exhaust manifolds you need to have long strait boots on the plugs. Try and find a universal kit that has these. I was told that our chevy dealership had them but when I got there they changed their mind. I got some 90* PVC bends and put them right after the 90* boot to shoot the wire away from the motor, works alright. Had to take the boot of the coil end to do this and too some motivation. If I ever see a set I'll be switching to the strait boots though.
        If you go here, http://www.taylorvertex.com/spark.html, and scroll down to the 8mm Spriro-Pro Wire Sets, look at the black boot, that's the one you need with tubular exhaust manifolds or the 180* boot will work and possibly the 135*.
        1997 Nassau Blue Vette<br />1989 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 (lifted with 31\" tires)<br />2000 V6 Camaro, loud, cammed 210rwhp *SOLD*

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X