removed jet chip but now ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removed jet chip but now ......

My car missed really bad from the way to work yesterday nad i ended up stalled on the side of the highway twice. so after the second time i took the damn chip off (i kinda figured i'll see if thats the problem and lo and behold) i made it OK to my dealership (its on the way home). i was so pissed i figured i'll get it scanned there. I got there with SES on. the guy there tells me there is nothing wrong with the car and ses was on for a sec after eh turned the car on and went away. Anyways, since i removed the chip ... my clutch seems to be slipping... when i Hit the Gas at any gear (besides the first) the RPMS go high and then the engine catches up after a bit. What does a (Jet) Chip do the make the response so much quicker and no clutch slippage (its seems worse than it was before i put the chip in for about a month). I really liked the way my car had the punch when i needed it; that is until it started to frikkin miss like a B|tc4.

EDIT: It idled a little rougher too with the chip instaled. ..

[ January 13, 2005, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: Camaro2k ]
    Ummad!<br />2k pewter maro M5. 160 thermo, WhisperLid w/K&N Filter, Jet PCM Stage 2, Free Ram Air, Air Silencer Delete (purchased already and) waiting to install manual fan switch, air/fuel ratio guage.

well put the chip back in.
    -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

It'll start missing again [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img] I do NOT wanna deal with that crap again .... was that sheer sarcasm ?? why would i put it back in .. didn't u read the post ??/
      Ummad!<br />2k pewter maro M5. 160 thermo, WhisperLid w/K&N Filter, Jet PCM Stage 2, Free Ram Air, Air Silencer Delete (purchased already and) waiting to install manual fan switch, air/fuel ratio guage.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X