Dented oil pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dented oil pan

My oil pan was dented awhile back by my hitting a rather large rock going down the highway. It appears to be dented pretty bad, but hasn't caused any noticeable problems. Should I get this replaced eventually?? How much to replace it??
    --chris--

if it isnt leaking then dont worry about it any time soon. it would be pretty expensive to replace it. reasearch on how to replace the gasket and that will give you a good idea of what is involved.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Congrats! You are officially one of the cool people w/ a dented oil pan. [img]smile.gif[/img]
      I wouldn't worry about it really, I would guess it's usual in our cars since they are so low. As long as you don't hit something so severe that it causes you pan to leak oil you are ok. ;)

Niño
      ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

my pan has been dented since i got the car in 99 from the previous owner. not a single problem.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
        Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

yeah, i put a small dent in my pan the day i got her. :( its really not in issue unless its cracked or just all around leaking
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I say don't worry about it unless its leaking or the crank shaft is rubbing against it not sure how much room is actually betwen teh crank shaft and the oil pan when the engine is running.

Comment

Dent here too....damn low car....hasn't caused a problem for the last 40K miles
              <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

Mine has been dented for 3 years w/ no problem, I have another and gasket, but probably not doing that till the tranny drops again for a stall converter.

Comment

new pan is like 80 bucks, plus gasket,

were is it dented? if it buy were the oil pick up is i would be worried about it, if not dont bother
                  www.turbov6camaro.com
                  1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                  4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                  7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                  11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                    Good to see the site is back up
                    by 2.8 Bird
                    So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                    6 hours ago
                  • FirebirdGT
                    New Site Hosting Issues
                    by FirebirdGT
                    All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                    1 week ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    New Owner!
                    by LETZRIDE
                    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                    4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X