How do I break a lock on something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I break a lock on something?

No, I'm not going to steal someones car, if that's what your thinking.

I bought a T-top bag from eBay that came with driver side 3rd gen T-top. Problem is, the guy shipped it locked and did not include a key :rolleyes: :mad: How can I unlock the lock? I think I might've screwed it up already with a flathead screwdriver.

I already tried to disassemble the T-top, but the handle is held on by an allen head screw that won't come out!
    --<b>David</b>--<br /><a href=\"http://bryant2.bryant.edu/~dsantore/index.htm\" target=\"_blank\">The <b>NEW</b> V6Bird Website!</a> <br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/thev6bird\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain site</a><br />ΔX

Take it to a locksmith.

Comment

Try to use a paperclip.

Thats how we worked on a buddies T-top that got broke and we had to get replaced. Worked like a charm, and he just left it unlocked.

BTW: Lets try General Tech...there are those grease monkey types that might know a quicky answer for ya.

Comment

Dremel it. A cutoff wheel with slice it clean in a couple seconds. If you don't have one, GET ONE. No guy (or girl) should be without one. They are the best tool to have.
        White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

pick it.. i dont feel like explaining how though
          \'02 firebird 5spd manual (pewter)<br />mods: whisper lid, spintech muffer with 3\" piping, strut tower brace, \"free ram air\", k&n filter, SLP CAI - next mods: jetchip stage II, lowering springs

Comment

Use the Force. I don't feel like explaining how though.

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] Sorry, I had to say it.
            White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

Picking is fairly simple, it helps to have the right tools though.

www.howstuffworks.com - lock picking
              <a href=\"http://www.fatninjas.com/camaro\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Camaro Convertible</a>

Comment

the mit lock picking guide is pretty good. picking a t-top lock should be pretty easy. when using the key it feels like a cheapie disc lock instead of real cylinders. use a screwdriver as a pry and paperclip as the pick. a little 'scrubbing' should open it right up.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X