Spark plug wires and plugs brands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark plug wires and plugs brands

Hey i saw that thunder racing is running a special, buy wires and get free plugs. My questions are 1 are these good 04-74243 Taylor Spiro-Pro 8mm Spark Plug Wires, 1995-1999 3.8l V6 F-Body, Red $39.99 ? and 2 what kind of ngk plugs would you guys reccommend ? what do they need to be gaped out for a 97 3.8l ? also how hard is it to change these wires and is there a good chance i'll melt these ? thanx
    1997 Camaro LS1 RS
    1994 Camaro - Sold
    1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

well i have those wires, and they are cheap. they offer very low resistance and offer probably the best performance wires, but the quality sucks. the part inside the boot, the medal part that connects to the plugs, keeps breaking off and it stays on the plugs when i take the wires off. pissin me off.
    <b>1995 Bright Red 3.4L</b> <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/94camaroguy\" target=\"_blank\">Carmen\'s Page</a>

Comment

hmm thanx for pointing that out. what else do you ppl run with ?
      1997 Camaro LS1 RS
      1994 Camaro - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

MSD wires......what else is there. also, just a normal platinum plug will work. you dont need some 10 dollar plug made out of a metal only found on mars [img]tongue.gif[/img] and for the gapping, the search button will tell you or O'Reillys will too
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
          MSD wires......what else is there. also, just a normal platinum plug will work. you dont need some 10 dollar plug made out of a metal only found on mars [img]tongue.gif[/img] and for the gapping, the search button will tell you or O'Reillys will too
          x2, i kinda burned one of my msd wires on my headers but it still does decent after that (hardcore) only studders once a week or so. On that note: not to jack the thread or anything but does anyone know where i can get just 1 msd wire???
          \'99 SSM Camaro V6 M5<br />(mod list on cardomain site; too long to list here)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99</a>

Comment

email either MSD or a distributor like FTPP.net

Comment

I'm very happy with my Taylor wires. I found the quality to be pretty nice. Maybe we got them from seperate batches or something, but over all I was/am very happy with those wires.
              1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

well when i put the boot back over it they still work great, but its just weird. i thought maybe twisting the boot to take the wire off did it, but thats the recommended way. maybe the plugs are too fat and the connector got stuck ?
                <b>1995 Bright Red 3.4L</b> <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/94camaroguy\" target=\"_blank\">Carmen\'s Page</a>

Comment

MSD Super conductor wires are some of the best wires out on the market and cost around $55 from Summit or Jegs. AC Delco Iridium plugs cost around $6 each at Advance Auto. Supposed to be better than platinum.
                  69 Camaro 350 4spd, Full Hotchkis susp, Baer brakes, moser 12 bolt, Flowmaster<br /><br />96 RS Hotchkis STB, subframe connectors, Hotchkis LCA and adj Panhard rod, SS camaro sway bars, Bilstein shocks, powerslot rotors, Borla exhaust, rksport headers, k@nFIPK

Comment

Originally posted by Den69RS96:
                    AC Delco Iridium plugs cost around $6 each at Advance Auto. Supposed to be better than platinum.
                    its not a question of better. its a matter of money and not needing to spend 6 bucks. my NGK Platinum plugs works wonders and they only cost me 2.25 dollars

Comment

is the job hard to do on a 97 ? also i see alot of ppl do have the taylor spiro wires so do you guys reccommend ?
                      1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                      1994 Camaro - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

its going to take some time cause well......you have an fbody and you dont have the round manifolds

Comment

do i need any special tools ? any chance of these being less heat resistent and melting them ?
                          1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                          1994 Camaro - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

no special tools needed. you should be fine. just route them correctly

Comment

Make sure you use the clear boot grease that comes with the wires. It makes all the difference in the world if 1000 miles down the road you have to take them off. I replaced the wires on my girlfriends car and the last guy must not have used grease because I thought I was going to have to get pliars to get them off.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X