does anyone here know alot about sensors? what is this for? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone here know alot about sensors? what is this for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone here know alot about sensors? what is this for?

Its on the passenger side of the motor, the plug that plugs into the alternator is a wide connector. well this plug that i dont know where it goes is a grey connector with blue rubber, its a two prong plug and the plug that plugs into the alternator branches off the harness and this plug comes out about 10" more. i have no idea where it goes. i thought maybe it was from when i removed my ac but i thougt that the only plug for the a/c was a yellow plug. i appreciate any help
    Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Is the alternator aftermarket, cause if it is they sometimes have extra wires so they can fit different vehicles. I only have one wire coming out of my alternator.

Comment

Its a stock alternator, i didnt say the alternator has more than one connector that goes in it , I said on the alternator side the wiring harness that is attached to the car has the connection for the alternato and then this other connector that extends past the alt connector, i think it might have attached to my ac condensor or pump, i removed my ac a year ago, maybe the ac has the yellow sensor and this other sensor.
      Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

RUC, just to make sure...I noticed that my camaro has an AC Delco alternator and it has a plug with 4 wires, but 3 are cut, so only one is connected. Also, what is this connection for?
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/hpn2003\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/hpn2003</a><p>SLP cold air intake, B&B cat-back exhaust w/ quad tips, SLP subframe connectors, Eibach lowering springs and Bilstein shocks, Hotchkis Panhard Rod, Hotchkis LCA\'s, Taylor Spiro Pro wires, 160* thermostat, Optima battery, white face gauges w/ carbon fiber trim, carbon fiber/chrome pedals, Avital alarm w/ DEI Remote Start

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SLOWBRAEATER:
          Its a stock alternator, i didnt say the alternator has more than one connector that goes in it , I said on the alternator side the wiring harness that is attached to the car has the connection for the alternato and then this other connector that extends past the alt connector, i think it might have attached to my ac condensor or pump, i removed my ac a year ago, maybe the ac has the yellow sensor and this other sensor.<hr></blockquote>

If you want, email me and I'll send you a pic of the alt wires to show where they hook-up into. I wasn't sure of what you were looking for in the last email I sent you of the pics from the passenger side of the engine, but I can send requested pics of it'll help.

-Marc
          sigpic

Comment

more pics would be great, do you still have ac? are there two sensors plugged into it?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X