Will my car loose preformance when it gets older? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will my car loose preformance when it gets older?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 56,000 on my 99, aint skeered
    99 3800 NBM Camaro - (Xcessive Xcelleration Racing Team)<br />Ram/Cold Air Induction (custom)<br />Modified 4l60e Valve Body<br />Z28 Catback<br />SS Hood <br />Modified 99 GM 3800II <br />JB Performance Engineering<br />jfbperformance@cox.net

Comment

I ahve 118k and my car runs great, motor wise tht is, the transmission is a little different, i rev it hard and run it hard.

i use lucas oil stabilizer, not that expensive but increases my oil pressure, and I ahve a 1608stat and water wetter, my engine temp never makes it past the 1/4 mark. I had a small oil leak, not enough to even add any oil between oil changes but enough to that you could see a little oil on back of drain pain. i switched to valvoline max life, and have had no problems, yet, stuff seems to work good.

half of keeping your car fast is making sure it runs perfect.

I still race it has no problems. jsut keep up on stuff and change your fluids.

Comment

i got 72k on my 99 and ain't scared a bit. runs just as good. still wooping but in the streets. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
        ~S87 Black 99 Firebird~

Comment

65k on my 97 maro. i don't think it runs any worse...it's one of those things you just can't always tell though. but i have no problems with the car, no funny noises coming from the car, no knock, my car doesn't eat up oil, and belts and pulleys seem to be in good shape. of course, i change plugs and wires regularly, i change fuel, tranny, and oil filters regularly, i check oil/antifreeze/tranny fluid regularly, i flush radiator regularly, and i use the manual fan switch to keep my car cooler than 195 all the time--don't really know if that one helps, but it can't hurt. if you car meets all these same requirements and for the most part, you take care of it in this same manner, it's probably still in great shape and will continue to be in that shape until you start having probs with the above. all engines wear, but 41k is putting you right out of the break-in period, so this is your high performance time right now and it will probably last you another 50k+ miles with proper maintenance. don't worry about it, if the car does start to lose performance, then there won't be too much you can do about it. proper maintenance is all one can really do to try to keep a car in the best of shape.
          2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

40 something thousand miles? Man you have no worries in sight unless it's not been cared for. I'm running a 96 with 136,000 miles. She still pulls hard and just the other day beat a mustang with only 16,000 (v6).

I've of course had to replace parts but nothing major, just stuff like waterpump, alternator, tensioner pulley. I've got a small oil leak but past two times to the track I've come in 3rd and 5th so she still runs constant and mid 15's in the quater stock. Just take good car of your car and enjoy it's youth.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X