HELP WITH MY LOW TRAC AND ABS LIGHT!!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP WITH MY LOW TRAC AND ABS LIGHT!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP WITH MY LOW TRAC AND ABS LIGHT!!!

Just when I was about to sell my car I started having this problem with my abs system...Here is the problem.

When I stop at a stop light or sign, my LOW TRAC light will come on about 70% of the time. I can hear the ABS being engaged(a clicking sound), and if I continue to stop slowly, the ABS kicks in and suddenly stops the car. Eventually after a few stops with the LOW TRAC light my ABS INOP light will come on. When the ABS INOP light comes on the LOW TRAC light doesn't come on anymore and the brakes SEEM to work fine. Anyone have a similar problem? Please help. I have a few questions.

1. What could I check. I know there are 3 sensors on the car. Two in the front wheel and 1 in the back differential. Where are they exactly and how to I check them. I have heard other people solving there problem by cleaning there sensors. Are these sensors called the vehicle speed sensors, I heard those could go bad.

2. What could I check under the hood. Where are the abs wires or grounds? I heard something about a pumpkin where the abs wires are connected.

3. Is there a possible way to disable or disconnect the abs system? What would happen if I disconnect the fuses or relay under the hood. Would it throw out a permanent ABS INOP code. I'm not worried about driving without abs just as long as it doesn't cause more lights to come on. If the abs system is not active I should solve my problems, right?

If anyone could please help it would be greatly appreciated.

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X