Condensor Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condensor Questions

Ok I had A/C problem's last summer. Before my a/c worked really good. It's always been in the back of my mind that I want to ask some questions about the condensor just for knowledge. Is there any preventative maintenance that needs to be done on the condensor? This is the deal, my a/c feels pretty good coming out the bottom but not the top. Most likely something is blocked. The freon level is good, the clutch in the a/c compressor seems to be good. All my cooling and everything is fine. What should I look for in the blocking? The heater core? I know I dropped a few tools down there before under the dash and i think one of them might have fell into one of the ducts.

ANy help? Thanks

Ted

are you sure you are talking about your condensor? I have a can of refridgerant here and the pic shows the condensor on the high pressure side, it's the thing that looks like a radiator and it's mounted next to the radiator. The evaporator should be what's in your dash on the passenger side.

If you have time, you can maybe take some things apart and make sure there are no leaves or tools in there by the evaporator. Probably isn't any leaves because I am in the process of changing my heater core and there wasn't even any dirt in it, so no leaves either. For the condensor, I used an air hose to blow out the radiator and condensor to get dirt and small leaves/bugs/grass clippings/etc out.
    1995 Firebird 3.4L<br /><a href=\"http://kansas.no-ip.com/\" target=\"_blank\">My Site</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
      Had to be evacuated again due to fire
      by ssms5411
      Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
      1 week ago
    • RPDRed6
      For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
      by RPDRed6
      Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
      3 weeks ago
    • ssms5411
      No start problem
      by ssms5411
      So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X