Coolant leak... freeze plug locations? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coolant leak... freeze plug locations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant leak... freeze plug locations?

I have a coolant leak that seems to be coming from somewhere above the starter (nearest the end that engages the engine). Trying to figure out the exact location, but there's a lot of stuff in the way that makes it hard to get a good look at the area. I'm hoping I'm not dealing with a leaking intake manifold... Anyone know if the block (1994 Firebird, 3.4L) has a freeze or drain plug in this area? Thanks.

pop your hood after its been running awhile to see if you can find the leak. could be anywhere. my coolant was coming out of the filler tube.

Comment

I doubt its your freeze plugs. yuo can check them, but I doubt it. Maybe take a look at your heater hoses that run back to the passenger side of the firewall. That might drip on the starter. Good luck. ;)
      Jordan<br />15.09@90.7<br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=21\" target=\"_blank\"><b>1995 Camaro 3.4 M5</b></a>

Comment

Thanks guys. Yeah, I was kind of hoping that the coolant was simply traveling down a heater hose as well... but it's definitely coming from the engine. It's a very small leak that begins above the starter after the car is shut off and sits for awhile. That's why I was wondering if anyone familiar with the 3.4 block knew if there is an out-of-view plug in the area that could be leaking. With my luck though, it's probably not something that simple. :(

Comment

Well maybe check at the back passenger side of the lower intake. If that leaked, I suppose, that it could fall down the back of the engine, and hit the starter. There is no other problems with engine performance is there? Like missfiring, or hesitation? Good luck. ;)
          Jordan<br />15.09@90.7<br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=21\" target=\"_blank\"><b>1995 Camaro 3.4 M5</b></a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X