Front Tag Installation?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Tag Installation?!?!

Alright, I moved to california and Ive got my front tag install kit.

This thing comes with 3 wonderful "rivets" that I must use to put it on my camaro. Umm... How in the heck do these work? I cant figure it out :/ Any Advice?!
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Looks like Im gonna need a rivet tool - nevermind [img]smile.gif[/img]
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

DON'T RIVET! USE SCREWS they are removable
      2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

screws? so you installed your own?
        2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

Yea it really stinks, at least on the firebird. You have to screw it into the front bumper. Kinda ruins the lines and everything up front.
          -Jason<br />Black 1993 Pontiac Firebird -Retired<br />Black 2002 Pontiac Trans Am -Sold-<br />Green 1996 Corvette Convertible -Sold-<p>In the market for \'67-\'73 Firebird!

Comment

I live in California too. I have not had my front lisence plate on the car ever, and I bought it brand new in '98. I have not been stoped once for it. **knock on wood** But my GF, whom drives a 97 Sunfire Gt, has been driving for like 8 months has been pulled over for it. It is funny she is always paranoid when she sees a cop, so she was scared s#$%less when she was pulled over. [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]

jp
            1998 Artic White M-5<br />K&N filter, whisper lid, undercar ramair, Dis-4, MSD 8.5mm SC, bosch plat 4+, BMR STB, Jet stage 2, Poly tranny mount, B&M Ripper, 1le DS, 1le Pan hard rod and lca\'s, LSD, hi-flo cat, flowmater, Kumho 255/50/16, and centerforce dual friction clutch.<br />(E.T. ?, but I beat a 15 sec flat integra by 3 cars in 3rd gear and pulling)<p> <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/fbodies9870\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.geocities.com/fbodies9870</a><p>*****CAR TOTALED*****<p>2002 Artic White z28 A4 Loaded

Comment

You can't just put it put it up against the windshield on the dash?
              I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
              CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
              FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

No man, on the camaros we get a tag installation kit that rivets into the black facia....

Also, they probably would never stop me for not having one, but if I didnt have one and I got pulled for something else - then Im screwed!

[ May 31, 2002: Message edited by: Dominic ]</p>
                2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

Yea, you dont want to give them a reason to pull you over, then they could be jerks and check your entire car. It is better to be safe than sorry, My GF put hers up in her winshield, no problems yet.

jp
                  1998 Artic White M-5<br />K&N filter, whisper lid, undercar ramair, Dis-4, MSD 8.5mm SC, bosch plat 4+, BMR STB, Jet stage 2, Poly tranny mount, B&M Ripper, 1le DS, 1le Pan hard rod and lca\'s, LSD, hi-flo cat, flowmater, Kumho 255/50/16, and centerforce dual friction clutch.<br />(E.T. ?, but I beat a 15 sec flat integra by 3 cars in 3rd gear and pulling)<p> <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/fbodies9870\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.geocities.com/fbodies9870</a><p>*****CAR TOTALED*****<p>2002 Artic White z28 A4 Loaded

Comment

I live in New York (front plate required) and I got pulled over just for not having a front plate. Cop must have been having a bad day or something. I wasn't doing anything wrong. He was VERY rude also. I think cops should be required to be nice to people unless someone gives them attitude. My friend was driving behind me and he couldn't believe the cop pulled me over. Oh well, paid the ticket ($65) and put the plate back on. [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
                    John<br />98 Firebird,V6,A4,Navy Blue Metallic,Y87, K&N Filter,<br />Whisper Lid, Whisper CAI,<br />Firestone Firehawk SZ50EP P245/50ZR16<br /><a href=\"http://www.fbody.com/members/98navybird/index.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.fbody.com/members/98navybird/index.htm</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JP98-3.8:
                      Yea, you dont want to give them a reason to pull you over, then they could be jerks and check your entire car.

jp
                      <hr></blockquote>

Ive heard different versions of this, but I believe that, atleast in FL, you dont have to let a cop search the inside of your car. The only way he can is if something illegal is in plainview of the car and/or they bring out a drug dog to go around the outside. The cops I work with told me to NEVER let a cop check the inside of my car.

Comment

Thanks for the screw idea - I just installed it using some nice screws and it went on no prob.

Much better than "riveting" it since now I can remove it if/when I want to [img]smile.gif[/img] (like for drag racing aerodynamics and weight savings right?)

lol thanks everyone! [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
                        2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

I get tickets for the front licence plate like 3 times now. I just put it on, pay the 10 bucks and take it back off a day later. Its worth 10 bucks every 6 or so months. I am thinking about a design, using one of those licence plate things from the older caddy's and the third gen camaro. The thing that is spring loaded and you can pull the rear plate down for gas, or the key for trunk.
                          I thought about moddifiying that. I would be secured on the botom of the bumper with the plate flat toward the ground going backwards. Then with a little electronic switch and selinoid. I could release it and it would pop up on the front of the car.
                          This way if I saw a cop starring me down, I could put it up, or if I was pulled over for someonther reason, I could get it up, before he would notice it and tack it on to my ticket.
                          Its just a strange Idea.

Comment

I never get pulled over for my front license plate, or lack there of. Camaros look sooooo much better without the grill! If the black grill is on I think you get pulled over because it looks like a plate should be there. Without the grill it looks much better, like it'd totally **** up your car if you had to put on a front plate. So be sure to remove the grill! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
                            Just my $0.02

When you put on the plate bracket, be careful. When mine were put on at the dealership they drilled too far and when I took off my grill there were three white holes from where they drilled into the front end. :mad:
                            - JT3<br />1998 Red V6 Camaro Y87 Y3F - J.E.T. Chip Stage II - Clear Parking Lights - Removed Grill - K&N - Whisper Lid - !FRA MOD - MAF Screen Removed - Pro 5.0 - Pacesetter Headers - Magnaflow Catback - 32mm Front Swaybar - And A System(bump bump)

Comment

Yeah thats why I left the black grille on.

I prefer the wings west coverup grille if I ever replaced mine - but like you said, then I wouldnt want a front tag!
                              2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X