found an engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• found an engine

ok has any one here done an engine swap (V6 with a V6) before? how hard is it or would it be worth it to pay my mechanic $1000 to do the swap? i'm trying to figure out if i should save the grand and do it myself. thanks everyone.

Its not complicated, straight forward but it will take you a weekend and make sure you have a friend.

You'll need obvious hoist, stand, etc.

Basically all thats involved is remove the air cleaner, accessories, radiator and ac condensor, wiring harness, unbolt the TC/clutch from the flexplate/flywheel, take off starter and wires, then attach the chain to the brackets on the engine (one in the far back passenger side, and the other on the front, near the EGR assembly).

Its pretty involved and if you have no idea how to do it, I'd recommend getting someone to help you who has done it before like I did my first time or pay a mechanic.
    -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

thanks bro, good advice and info there. i've got more than a weekend to spare so i'll give it a shot when i get my engine. wish me luck ! thanks again.

Comment

I am always a fan of doing things myself. But if you are even an average mechanic. I would recommend letting the shop do it. You need jacks, and preferably a cherry picker to do the job. Not to mention alot of toolss, and even some specialities. Good luck. ;)
        Jordan<br />15.09@90.7<br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=21\" target=\"_blank\"><b>1995 Camaro 3.4 M5</b></a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X