MSD IGNITION double check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSD IGNITION double check

Im orderin an MSD ignition and i wanna double check and make sure that for my 3.4 firebird that the MSD Digital Dis-4 and the msd-8224 coils is the right setup for my car? i already got the MSD 8.5mm super conducters......do these(MSD IGNITIONS) make a nice difference in performance
    94 Pontiac Firebird-V6<br />-NxWetKit,RamAir,MSD Dis4, Coils,&Wires,DynomaxExhuast w/testpipe,NittoDR\'s&DunlopSPort5000s,17\"CrEagleAl loys,TransgoShifKit/VetteServo<br />91 Jeep Wrangler-5.7 Chevy350<br />-6\"ProComp SuspensionLift,M/T BajaClaws35x12.5,& more goodies

hi
    been watching for new post here becouse I wanted to also buy the MSD system, if you already put it tell how does it work for you? is it woth the money?

tks
    know when to go wot, and when to just enjoy the ride

Comment

well i got my whole msd ignition but i still gotta hook it up cuz i got alot goin on at once but ill be sure to let ya know how it goes

[ July 08, 2003: Message edited by: V6Firebird94 ]</p>
      94 Pontiac Firebird-V6<br />-NxWetKit,RamAir,MSD Dis4, Coils,&Wires,DynomaxExhuast w/testpipe,NittoDR\'s&DunlopSPort5000s,17\"CrEagleAl loys,TransgoShifKit/VetteServo<br />91 Jeep Wrangler-5.7 Chevy350<br />-6\"ProComp SuspensionLift,M/T BajaClaws35x12.5,& more goodies

Comment

Yea I ordered the MSD 8224 coils too. Havent got them yet but they should be right for your car. Tell me how they work out.
        1994 White Firebird 3.4L A4<br />Mods: K&N CAI RKSport Headers & SLP Loudmouth Cat Back <br />1969 Mustang Mach 1 351C M4<br />Mods: None yet......<br />~ Ryan

Comment

I ordered the MSD 8224 coils today also.. they are on back order for 2 weeks I will post any changes. I got them to replace the stock coils due to misfires. hope that this works [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
          98 Camaro 3.8L black with T-Tops, K&N Air fliter, MSD Coil packs, More mods to come<br />web site <a href=\"http://www.wayug.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.wayug.com</a> \"are you down enough\"

Comment

i ordered mine 3weeks ago and still havent came in.... :mad: ...not much i can do about it tho..except wait i got my dis 4 box and my 8.5mm superconducters so its killen me lol

Comment

Got All My Stuff [img]tongue.gif[/img] and i got the wires, and coils hooked up now im workin on the DIS 4 box, where would be the best place to mount the box

Comment

I added the MSD Coils to get rid of my misfires.. it did do that, but my alternator went out the next day. I don't know if it was cause of the new coils or if it was just time for it to go.
                98 Camaro 3.8L black with T-Tops, K&N Air fliter, MSD Coil packs, More mods to come<br />web site <a href=\"http://www.wayug.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.wayug.com</a> \"are you down enough\"

Comment

How musch did it all cost?
                  My Car <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/tucsoncamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/tucsoncamaro</a> <br />3 inch flowmaster catback system, with ceramic coated pacesetter headers,3 inch cat,K&N FIPK

Comment

$40 a coil, $95 for the wires, $340 for the MSD Dis4 ignition box...........so total $555 for all of it

Comment

What are the superconductors you are talking about?
                      Also, where did you buy your MSDs and coils?
                      <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

finally got my coils after 6 weeks. they are working good.
                        1994 White Firebird 3.4L A4<br />Mods: K&N CAI RKSport Headers & SLP Loudmouth Cat Back <br />1969 Mustang Mach 1 351C M4<br />Mods: None yet......<br />~ Ryan

Comment

it took me 6weeks also.........the superconducters are a wire that allow for better current and hotter spark needed when runnin an msd ignition box and is a nice touch even if ur just using the coil packs you can get them for a V6 at www.ammperformance.com ........although they take forever to get from them.............i bout my a coil my DIS4 and one of my coils from Livernois motorsports, and my other 2 coils from ramchargers becuz it took 6weeks and still did not recieve them from livernois so i went to ramchargers and only took 2days

[ August 08, 2003: Message edited by: V6Firebird94 ]</p>

Comment

Summit carries the V6 coils, $40 each. MSD only has wires in the lengths for the 95-99 V6s (they say 95-97, but they are for engines with the old-style manifolds). Summit sells the MSD universal sets for about $70.
                            It took about 3 days for the wires to get in, and about a week for the coils (I live in CA, Summit has a store across the mountains in Reno).
                            I just put the coils on my car, with Bosch 7mm wires, and they make a very noticeable difference, the engines got more bottom end, and actually pulls above 3500 now (it quit pulling after 3500 before).
                            Once I get the new manifolds on, I'm putting a set of the 8.5mm superconductors on. I'm going to cut those to equal lengths, to see if that helps any (consistency between cylinders). I'm also going to try gapping the plugs .005" wider when I get the bigger wires on. Doing that on my 3.4 when I put Accel coils and wires on it added some serious get up and go to the top end, not turbo-charged fast, but a very noticeable increase in acceleration on the top end.
                            Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                              by ssms5411
                              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                              1 week ago
                            • RPDRed6
                              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                              by RPDRed6
                              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                              3 weeks ago
                            • ssms5411
                              No start problem
                              by ssms5411
                              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X