98+ SS spoiler 3rd tail light LEDs out, how to fix? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

98+ SS spoiler 3rd tail light LEDs out, how to fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98+ SS spoiler 3rd tail light LEDs out, how to fix?

I've had my SS spoiler on for quite some time and some of the lights are starting to go out in the 3rd brake lamp. The best I can figure it, the LEDs inside are grouped in 3's because I have two groups of 3 that are out, one on the left, and one in the middle. I want to replace it with a new one but can't find a part number on it anywhere. Its held in place with some screws I took out, and it appears the power cord goes thru the spoiler down into the body throught the right side. You can't just disconnect the light as the power cord and the light are one piece. It would seem my only option is to take out the old light by cutting the wire, and splicing a new brake lamp assembly on the end of the cut wire.

Questions:
    Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it?
    Does anyone have the part number for that tail lamp or know where to get it?
    Is it possbile to somehow fix the assembly I have so I don't have to buy a new assembly?

Thanks

ttt, anyone??????

Comment

my friend's dad had his go out on his ss and he eventually just ripped the light off at the strip....but I know he went to GM and got a new one. I think it's a GM product and the '97 and older SS parts can only be had from SLP.

Comment

If its a GM product I can theoretically get it from a dealer then with the correct part number right?

I'll have to call some dealers tomorrow.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PiLOTLiTE:
          If its a GM product I can theoretically get it from a dealer then with the correct part number right?

I'll have to call some dealers tomorrow.
          <hr></blockquote>

Right - they can look it up for you too.

Comment

I have a similar problem, on my 96. I don't have the ss spoiler but the light (I think theres just two) on the right side has gone out. Does anyone know the part number for the bulb or maybe a place I can buy one? My light easily unscrews and the lights just pop out I believe. It's just a matter of figuring out what size bulb I need. Any help would be appretiated.

[ March 13, 2002: Message edited by: V6Maniac ]</p>
            <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/maniacls1\" target=\"_blank\"><b>2001 Firehawk #155 of 504 -M6</b></a><br />437 RWHP / 404 RWTQ -Dynojet (heads/cam)<br />12.34 @114 mph 1.7 60\' (bolt-ons only)<br />12.47 @116 mph 2.0 60\' (street tires, heads/cam)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
              by ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
              1 week ago
            • RPDRed6
              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
              by RPDRed6
              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
              3 weeks ago
            • ssms5411
              No start problem
              by ssms5411
              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X