X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• signs battery could be going bad

what are some signs that a battery could be going bad?? thanks
    3.4 white 95 firebird<br />K&N air filter <br />dynomax muffler

Not easily starting, dimming lights, etc. If there is an Advance Auto near you, swing it in and have them check that and your alternator for free. No need to take them off the car.
    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

All that, plus...

Turn on everything, a/c, defrost (esp defrost, it sucks power), stereo, headlights, etc. At idle its going to drop down low (right at yellow) if it goes way down, there is a problem somewhere.

Also, look at your battery. If it is a maint-free battery, there should be something on it to tell you the condition (ie, acdelco batteries have a little green circle if ok, another color if not)

If it is a battery that needs maint, then check the water level.

If your really worried, take it to a place that can test the alt & battery.

Finally, I doubt its this bad, but if your battery can't hold a charge (like you gotta jump it every other time you start the car), that's an obvious sign [img]smile.gif[/img]
      2001 75th Anniversary V6 Pewter Firebird w/ Chrome Wheels, T-Tops, & Y87<br />Mods: Free Ram Air, !Silencer, Holley Filter, Full 3\" Hooker Catback, 3\" Cat<br />Best time: 15.095 at 90.00 MPH with a 2.127 60\'

Comment

car not starting including power locks or anything else [img]smile.gif[/img] if the car goes on, stays on for a while (like 10 mins) and start again, its not the alternator [img]smile.gif[/img] i got a 98 camaro, and the battery was giving me probs, so i got it changed anyways... batteries live upto 4-5 years, so it was a good idea to get it changed (and that didnt start as well, later i found out the connections were loose [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

Comment

if im sitting idle with my stereo on it will sit just below yellow, but i am pulling alot of power through it...
          R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X