95 3.8 Firebirds "rare"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 3.8 Firebirds "rare"?

Probably a stupid question, but I'd say 95% of the 95's I've seen on this board have been 3.4's. Were fewer 3.8's produced in 95 or something?
    \"The Bird\" - \'95 Firebird (3.8), White<br />Suncoat Creations RamAir Predator hood with SC airbox, 30th Anniversary Ram Air-style stripes, Wings West W-Type ground effects, Last of the Breed Anniversary Emblems, Carsound High-Flow Cat, SLP Loudmouth Catback w/ 3.5\" slash-cut tips, and much more to come.

I remember reading, or someone telling me, that only in Cali, could you get a 3.8 in an Fbody, in 95.
    1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Distephano:
      I remember reading, or someone telling me, that only in Cali, could you get a 3.8 in an Fbody, in 95.<hr></blockquote>

what he said. SVD has one of those rare'ens
      1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
      2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
      94 comero 3.4

Comment

bet that will be one hell of a collecter item about 20 years from now....

Comment

I bought a new camaro in 1995 and got the "New" 3.8 engine, it was a $300.00 option.I live in California.
          02 Camaro pewter six.Completely stripped. Not one option.

Comment

Hmm, kinda reminds me of a 64 1/2 Mustang...95 1/2 Camaro ;)

Comment

...or Firebird [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

you're forgetting the '64 GTO, & the 70 1/2 F-body ;)
                1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                94 comero 3.4

Comment

I got one...Camaro that is... ;)
                  95 Camaro 3.8L Y2K motor <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/coriya71\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/coriya71</a>

Comment

Hmm, that's actually pretty cool. I didn't think my car was "rare" or anything, but it's nice to know that it is, although I can imagine how it made its way from California to Louisiana. It's got like 120k miles on it though, and it isn't doing so well, so I'm not sure if I'll even have it in 20 years... if I do, I would've swapped for a V8 by then. It looks brand new though, ever since I put the GFX and stripes on it and whatnot. It looks like a showcar (maynot not that good...), but the engine bay is pretty ugly, simply because of the number of miles it's got. Anyway, I'm glad there's at least something I can brag about now. [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
                    \"The Bird\" - \'95 Firebird (3.8), White<br />Suncoat Creations RamAir Predator hood with SC airbox, 30th Anniversary Ram Air-style stripes, Wings West W-Type ground effects, Last of the Breed Anniversary Emblems, Carsound High-Flow Cat, SLP Loudmouth Catback w/ 3.5\" slash-cut tips, and much more to come.

Comment

This is why I think I'll keep the car. I haven't seen to many other '95 3800 Series II's. It's amazing...I kind of lucked into it. I bought it as a daily driver in 1998 and didn't even realize it was the first year. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I don't know if a V6 Firebird will be collectable, but it might be a conversation piece a few years down the road at shows.
                      Stephen<br />1995 Pontiac Firebird<br />3800 Series II V6<br /><br />2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Yeah, I got the car for pretty cheap too. I'm sure it's not worth an extreme amount of money (not like the purple Firebirds which only 6 were produced, but I forget what year that was...). Which leads to my question: How "rare" are we talking here, in terms of production numbers? Are we talking triple digits? Double? I'd at least like to know if my car is one of thousands, one of hundreds, or one of only a handfull. You're right SVD, it's already become a conversation peice, which makes up for my lack of being able to join in any V8-only conversations...

Comment

happy to be a part of the club :cool:
                          {1995 3.8 A4}{Flowmaster Exhaust}{SLP CAI & Fan Switch}{4 Wheel Disc Brakes}(3.42 LSD}<br /><br />{2004 Dodge Dakota SXT 3.7L SOHC V6}{Cold Air Intake}{Dynomax Ultraflo 2.5\" Catback}<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/95blackbird3800\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/95blackbird3800</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X