How Do You Clear The AIRBAG Light??? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do You Clear The AIRBAG Light???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You Clear The AIRBAG Light???

My horn was having problems in certain steering positions where it doesn't make any sound. I disconnected the negative and took out the airbag. I unplugged the airbag then unplugged the connector for the airbag where the knee panel is. I put everything back together and the horn works now, but the AIRBAG light is not going away. I tried disconnecting the battery. So how do you clear it???
    [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
    1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

take apart your dash and in back of your gauge cluster pull out the light where it is.

ted

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ted:
      take apart your dash and in back of your gauge cluster pull out the light where it is.

ted
      <hr></blockquote>

WTF?? Is that supposed to be funny?
      1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

haha, i think so :D

umm, perhaps you can have the batteries unconnected for a little while and plug it back in, or you didnt do it correctly, so thats why its on?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by seal:
          haha, i think so :D

umm, perhaps you can have the batteries unconnected for a little while and plug it back in, or you didnt do it correctly, so thats why its on?
          <hr></blockquote>

psshhh, W...this joke is old anyways...
          I asked how to clear it, not how to get rid of it.

Anyways, I fixed it so... :D :D

Comment

good job, what was wrong with it?

Comment

The plug for the airbag at the base of the column was not connected. I could've sworn I plugged it in. I guess I plugged and unplugged it so many times that I rushed to put it back together, just so I can go home from the work.

Weird how they made the horn. If you take out the airbag you basically have what looks like a shoebox without the lid. On both sides are the buttons for the horn with wires that lead out and join together. At the end, where it meets, there is a little spring and plastic tube that the wires are in. This spring and tube goes into this small cylinder(holes in both ends) in the back of the steering wheel. This cylinder, tube and spring is parallel to the column. The tube is between the airbag and the spring. The airbag pushes the tube, which in turn pushes the spring, so that the end touches some contact in the column. This end is what makes contact to something in the column, which I didn't get to. I guess the plastic tube popped out so there was no pressure on the spring to push the end to make contact to the column, so my horn didn't really work.

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

mine is on too, but I never unplugged anything :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X