Underbody creaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underbody creaking

I posted a while back about denting in my front subframe with jackstands. That I am not worried about, it's not that bad. Problem is it has creaked ever since. Right under the driver's seat, from the floorboard, it creaks a little every time I come to a stop. Anyone else have this problem? Can I fix it, or just crank the stereo?
    1999 Y87 Camaro<br />Whisper Lid, SLP SS Takeoff Exhaust

hmmm...maybe some subframe connectors would take care of that
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

have a friend push on the car and make it rock until you hear that squeeking and look to see if you find anything rubbing. I had a similar problem and I came to find something was rubbing against my lower controle arm and go from there. Mine was a lil fix just had to get some big pliers and bend the part of the frame that was rubbing away.

Comment

Yup--it's an F-body. Get subframes....or crank the stereo.. [img]smile.gif[/img]
        --chris--

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll look around under there while I'm changing the oil this weekend...if I can't find it, oh well...crank it up.
          1999 Y87 Camaro<br />Whisper Lid, SLP SS Takeoff Exhaust

Comment

mine started creaking AFTER the subframes.. :(

of course I haven't bothered to figure out what it is yet either...
            -Brad
            98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
            2000 V-Star Custom 1100
            If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
            :rock:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
              Good to see the site is back up
              by 2.8 Bird
              So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
              3 days ago
            • FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X