Running hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running hot

Hey Guys... Yesturday I did some routine maintenence on my 97. I changed the oil, and filter, new fuel filter, and new PCV Valve, plus cleaned the throttle body and MAF sensor. I was driving last night and noticed that when I'm sitting, my engine heat goes up to about 210 very quickly, where as I'm usually at 160 or alil above. So I'm thinking it could be the PCV Valve, although new, I don't know if I could have done something wrong. The gasket broke when I was taking off the plate, so I used some silicon sealant to seal it. So... could it be the PCV valve or am I just crazy? Thanks
    \'97 Camaro 3.8L

Sitting with the AC off, the temperature will go towards 210 pretty quickly. The fans will kick into high speed and lower it back down.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

210 is normal.
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Yeah, I know 210 isn't that hot, but when it's usually 180 or so usually and then it goes up more quickly now... I guess I'm just being paranoid... My last car was a 94 3.4L and if I did anything to it something always went wrong. Maybe I just never check my eye on the guage as closely as I am now. but the weird thing is that when the fan kicks on, it doesn't go down too far, so I was just assuming I did something wrong. (although I'm a good shade tree guy, I'm not that confident) So I was just checkin to makes sure I didn't F*** something up, thanks guys,
        Josh
        \'97 Camaro 3.8L

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated again due to fire
          by ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
          1 week ago
        • RPDRed6
          For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
          by RPDRed6
          Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
          3 weeks ago
        • ssms5411
          No start problem
          by ssms5411
          So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X