Coolant problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant problem!

Is my coolant supposed to look like dark choacolate milk? The water is muddy! Can someone plz inform me how to flush and/or backwash the coolant system. I don't have an owners manual of any kind. :eek:
    Red 94 Firebird: KIA<br />Black 2000 WS6 T/A: Parts for Sale

The coolant that's used in our cars is a reddish color but it turns brown and sludgy when it needs to be changed. I hear it takes a few flushings of the radiator to really get it cleaned out...
    1996 Camaro Z28 M6<br />Red, T-tops, 5.7L LT1<br />Borla Cat-Back, SLP PP/Clutch

Comment

I hear its a pain in the *** to do it because you have to be careful that you dont get any air in the system. just take it to merchants and they will do it for like 40 bucks. I got it doen like 2 months ago but its dirty again, i will do it again like next month because like the post before says, it takes a couple of tries to get it cleaned.
      2005 Chevrolet Corvette C6 <br />M6, Magnaflow\'s 14336<br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/v6purplebird\" target=\"_blank\">C6 Pics</a><br /><br />Old car:<br />1996 Firebird A4<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Magnaflow Catback Exhaust<br />Magnaflow Catalytic Converter<br /><br />George Mason University<br />CEIE Major<br />Pi Kappa Alpha<br /><br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/nsolano\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird Pics </a>

Comment

The one thing you need to do if you are going to do it yourself is buy the additive for the radiator. The reason you need this additive is because the radiator will start to corode.
        1997 Camaro 30th Anniversary<br />K&N Air Filter<br />Gutted Cat<br />WS6 Exhaust<br />O2 Simulator<br /><br />It\'s not the years in the Life.<br />It\'s the Life in the years.<br /> -Abe Lincoln

Comment

Wouldn't recomend any additives to any part of the car. Usually, the fluid that goes in there already has all necessary additives in it. Coolant has anti-corrosion agents in it already. You must put coolant that'ss specified in your manual, it's long lasting kind.

If you're saying your coolant is muddy, and you have automatic, you might have transmission oil in your coolant. And coolant in transmission...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
            Good to see the site is back up
            by 2.8 Bird
            So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
            3 days ago
          • FirebirdGT
            New Site Hosting Issues
            by FirebirdGT
            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
            2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X