dear camaro owners ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dear camaro owners ...

ever since i bought my 2000 camaro, i've had problems with it. whether it be plugs, lights, over heating, clogged cat, window motor, etc. finally the engine crapped out on me and i was going to do a swap, but decided it would just be best to sell the car. so today i sold it, although i am sad, i'm also happy that i don't have to deal with a crappy ride. i don't want to be an expert mechanic because i have to keep working on my car. i hate to say this but... i'm never ever going to buy a GM car again, let alone a domestic. i'm going with nissan or toyota. my first car was a nissan that i had for 7 years with no problems it would've lasted 10 years easy had i not traded it in for the camaro. i'm not dissing all you f-body owners, i've just got a lot of mixed emotions right now and i'm disappointed in my experience with GM. my wife also has a GM that's started to give us problems. well good luck everybody! i'm out....

sounds to me like you got a lemon or you bought a car from someone who didn't take are of it and just used and abused it since the day it was bought. But that kind of stuff can happen to any used car you buy its just a risk you take when you deal with used cars. Thats all I can say and sorry to hear that you had bad luck with your camaro.

Comment

good luck. I think you did get an abused car. I've maintained my car since i bought it at 73k, but driven it hard and taken it to the track many times, and no problems yet. Knock on wood.

If you get a Nissan, get a Maxima, 3.5L (2002+) if you can. Even the 5 speed 3.0L's are QUICK sedans. I love them.
      -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

dude, i feel you on this. i bought my 99 camaro with about 92000 miles for about $5100 and i thought i got a deal on it, but i ended up replacing the blown catalytic converter, changed the spark plugs, wires, had to redo the rear differential, new tires, brake pads, muffler and spent about 6 days cleaning the interior of the car cause it was full of cigarette butts, and ended up spending about $2000 more for the car, but it was all worth it at the end. i think you just had a bad experience with your camaro ... but i seriously did it for the love of the car! i have to still replace the master seal (tranny and engine) cause it's leaking a little bit of engine oil but i still love my car, dispite of the stupid fkn previous owner that treated the car like absolute sh*t. and take it from a asian guy ... imports really do suck. i had a civic for a rental car, and i took it to a concert and it took me about a hour to find my car cause about 1/4th of college kids have a civic ... and maybe cause i was pretty drunk. =) sorry to hear about your car ...
        99 Camaro RS - 3.8L V6<br /><br />Modifications<br />Exhaust: Magnaflow OBD-II High-flow Catalytic converter / Magnaflow catback exhaust<br />Intake: Shaved Airlid / 3\" PVC tub<br />Suspension: V8 springs / DeCarbon shocks / 32mm 1LE swaybar / 19mm rear swaybar

Comment

Originally posted by Fredless:
          good luck. I think you did get an abused car. I've maintained my car since i bought it at 73k, but driven it hard and taken it to the track many times, and no problems yet. Knock on wood.

If you get a Nissan, get a Maxima, 3.5L (2002+) if you can. Even the 5 speed 3.0L's are QUICK sedans. I love them.
          My Mom has one of those , her's is an 04 . I LOVE that car as much as my Camaro ! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I think you got a lemon car or one that was abused . I have had my car for only a year but have already put 25k miles on it . I just turned over 81k today .Does not leak oil or anything .
          98 silver camaro t-tops , loaded<br />NGK plugs , Taylor 8mm wires , Optima Red Top .

Comment

thanks guys for not ripping me apart. ok this is the last time here. just wanted to drop by and tell you guys what i'm going to get... SCION TC

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...02_16_full.jpg

fully loaded for $16,500

oh and benoh, i'm an asian guy too. did you get those weird looks from your asian friends when you first bought your domestic? i know i sure did. everybody was looking at me like i was different for buying domestic. goodluck everyone, you've all been kind. later.

Comment

Hmmm.. I just made Subaru buy back my 02 Impreza casue the dam nCheck Engine light would not go away... decided that a $4000 Camaro was the right thinig to do no Car payment and Insurance was only $38 a month.... Scion TC you got to be kidding me I looked that why what a joke.. pay $16k next year it will be $12 tops ... then $8-$10 f that my camaro is pretty muched bottomed at $4000...

Comment

Yeah, someone abused the hell out of it probably. Sorry you had the bad experience. But like crasher said, when you buy a used car, you never know. Most the car's I've bought have always needed work almost right away. Not severe or anything, but work non the less. Bought a 94 for 1300, kick *** deal if you ask me. It went well for me, never had to replace a thing, other then the usual, tires, oil. Paid 4k for my 97, had to change the alternator and battery on the way home. Yeah that sucked, but other than needing a little paint on the top (faded a little bit) it's perfect. The guy took really good care of it thankfully. But anyways good luck on your next car, make sure you carfax anything you buy, and test drive for sure before you pay. Listen to the engine, let it warm up, check for leaks, listen, feel, drive. While the F-body's may have their share of problems, it's the only type of car I'll ever buy... Unless I need to tag some kids around, then it'll be a Grand Prix GTP of course (with a bird in the garage). I love these cars, and I think you would too if you had bought a better one. Good luck though, hope you change your mind [img]smile.gif[/img]
                94 Firebird 3.4 - RIP<br />97 Firebird 3.8 - In the works

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X