my plan for the summer, opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my plan for the summer, opinions?

This summer when I get a job heh. I plan on getting a whisper lid, 2 1/2 in. i-pipe, cutout and maybe some 97 ss rims. What do you guys think. Think I should get some different mods? I'm lookin for some more speed and a dash of style, but im not gonna have a HUGE budget so keep that in mind if you have a different combo you think i should get.
    99 3.8 Camaro<br />Intake Mods: K&N filter, Whisper lid, free ram air, !air silencer, !maf screen<br />Exhaust Mods: Flowmaster 80 series, 3\" I-pipe, 3\" Cutout<br />Suspension: Intrax Springs (2\" drop)<br />Misc.: Fan switch mod, Hayden transmission cooler

unless you can get a 2.5" i-pipe used, why not go with a 3", flowmaster, and/or catco 3" high flow cat.
    Zaino; FireBatCave Decals; Red Inside<br /><br />K&N Filter & Lid; Removed MAF screen; FRA; Raised Air Box; 180°F Stat; BMR STB; 3\" Catco & S-pipe; Borla Cat-Back; O2 Sim; HPPIII; NGK TR55s; Taylor 8mm wires<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/cbass300\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/cbass300</a>

Comment

Wouldn't a 3" be a bit overkill? Not to mention I probably wont ever be getting a blower or nitrous. I plan to make it decently quick without all that. I figured a 2.5in mandrel bent would be a big enough improvement anyway. Not to mention I'll be getting a cutout as well.
      99 3.8 Camaro<br />Intake Mods: K&N filter, Whisper lid, free ram air, !air silencer, !maf screen<br />Exhaust Mods: Flowmaster 80 series, 3\" I-pipe, 3\" Cutout<br />Suspension: Intrax Springs (2\" drop)<br />Misc.: Fan switch mod, Hayden transmission cooler

Comment

I think since it's summer you should get a trans cooler and let your transmission live a better life. I'm not sure what else you have done to your car, you don't have a sig. I went out and did all this performance stuff to my car without worrying about the condition it was in. And a line of stuff will break on you if you don't watch it. Just a little advice. Also if your going to change your CAT to a HighFlow one (catco is most affordable) reposition it right before it goes over the axle and put the cutout after it. If not it will rattle the hell out of your car with it right under the passenger side almost.

[ April 16, 2002: Message edited by: Ted ]</p>

Comment

Ok well a trans cooler is on my list but it was farther down there but maybe I'll move it up on the list. [img]smile.gif[/img] But as far as getting a high flow cat, where talking of relocating the cat to right before the axle and then having the cutout on the other side of the axle?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
            by ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
            1 week ago
          • RPDRed6
            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
            by RPDRed6
            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
            3 weeks ago
          • ssms5411
            No start problem
            by ssms5411
            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X