Few Questions from a 1st time owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few Questions from a 1st time owner

I just got my 1997 v-6 about 3 weeks ago. since then i have noticed a slight chirping sound soming from tyhe engine bay. I think i have the problem traced to the tesnioner wheel in the pulley sys. Sounds like the bearing or something in it is chirping. I was wondering if any of u had trouble with this>? And i just this morning noticed a whirring or wizzing wound coming from the exhaust pipe(i thought there was a bug in my car at 1st lol. Any ideas there?

Also i want to wire up a fan switch and was wondering if someone could help me there.

Im also looking for a few things also. I want another set of rims and drag slicks for the rear, stock tail lights(mine are warped from blackout covers, Z-28 zexel torsion diff. And anAsh-tray cover(came broken).

Thanks for your help!
    -Matt<br />Manager/Tech Support<br />Precision Speed & High Performance<br /><br />visit us on the web at:<br /><a href=\"http://www.precisionspeedonline.net\" target=\"_blank\">www.precisionspeedonline.net</a>

I've replaced my tensioner before. It's easy. Take off your belt first and check all the pulleys. Make sure it's that one. The exhaust could be a heat shield or Y-pipe. Get it in the air and smack it a few times. You should be able to pinpiont the rattle.
    \'94 Camaro 3.4<br />\"No, Starvin Marvin. That\'s my pot pie.\"

Comment

i get a similar noise with my exhaust system.....it's my heat shield

Comment

There is a heat shield in front of the rear axle that works loose, mine did so I removed it, but when I wind up my engine, mainly in drive going down the road, I hear a winding/grinding sound at around 3500 or so, think it is the tensioner?
        1995 Firebird 3.8 A4, 140,000 miles and going strong<br />Basically Stock, college=poor <p>Junior Mechanical Engineering Student: Milwaukee School of Engineering; Cpl, MN Army National Guard...just got promoted :)

Comment

i'd hear a chirping sound when i started my engine it turned out to be a loose spark plug wire
          the chirping went away after i connected it back up
          Street Lethal Performance<br />2000 Black Firebird Y87<br />3.42\'s, Torsen Limited Slip, 160 powerstat,<br />Manual Fan Switch, Cutout exhaust, Whisper Ram Air CAI,<br />K&N filter, Zex spark plugs, MSD plug wires, MAF screen removed.<p>AIM: FIREBIRDRUMBLE00<br /><a href=\"http://www.streetlethalperformance.com/profiles/gazmentselman/gazmentselman.html\" target=\"_blank\">Street Lethal Performance Profile</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X