Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help

hey guys, i'm new here. I just brought a 2002 camaro. black, 5spd, t-tops, 3.23s. my question to you guys is, what are little things i can do to get my car running faster? my goal is to get down in the 14s, i really want to get 14.4 - 14.5. i'm looking at things like headers, intake, exhaust, ect... thanks for your help.
    ITS ALL STOCK - TRUST ME

Gears. You'll never do it on 3.23s
    \'94 Camaro 3.4<br />\"No, Starvin Marvin. That\'s my pot pie.\"

Comment

Ask Bene, he's already done it w/minor bolt-ons ;)
      2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Fin:
        Ask Bene, he's already done it w/minor bolt-ons ;) <hr></blockquote>
        Ask who? I can't find a history.

Comment

i know the gears are low but they will have to do for now. i'm talking more about headers, exhaust, things like that. i want the car to have a nice low tone throughout the powerband. also i'm loooking for an intake. any suggestions. thanks again
          ITS ALL STOCK - TRUST ME

Comment

i have two things to say:
            1 - Congrats on your new car
            2 - U've come to the right place, but i am gonna go now becuz i am jealous cuz i only have a 96 [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]
            <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

Here you go:

Whisper Lid with Holley Power Shot or K/N Filter

Exhaust: Catback system (your choice), High Flow Cat and if you would like headers. Check out the Induction/Exhaust section of this site.

For the rest, go to the time slips section, look at what others have done and check out their times. Visit their personal site. For example, check out Keith's site.

dave

[ April 17, 2002: Message edited by: Silent Majority ]</p>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Shadly:
                Gears. You'll never do it on 3.23s<hr></blockquote>

James (12secondv6) ran 14.5's n/a on a 3.23 gear.

Comment

check out the mod reviews section on this website as well as the mod encyclopedia. it will give you the basics, a FAQ so to speak.
                  you can do great things with 3.23, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. i'm getting 0-60's in right around 7 secs consistently with 3.08 and auto trans. many things are possible with these cars. plus it feels really nice to whoop up on a mid-90's gt and tell the guy you only have a 6-banger. ha-ha!
                  ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by OnixV6:

James (12secondv6) ran 14.5's n/a on a 3.23 gear.
                    <hr></blockquote>

Ha! 12secondv6 is the exception to a lot of rules.
                    [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X