Running Low 14's with a 3.8???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Low 14's with a 3.8???

Alright, I plan to put a 80-series dual exhaust on from flowmaster, I dont want to run NOS, nor a supercharger(turbo), What can I do without going over oh say $1000 to run Low 14's or high 13's??? Is this possible? Thanks. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toto.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
    ******Nick******<br />1997 Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />Automatic/T-Topped<br />3800 Series II V6

Cool someone from my neck of the woods. Dude, go with a full catback system. I went to Wsetern here in town to put a muffler & Cat when it went out and spent as much as a catback system would cost. That'll give you a few hP. Then a cold air kit(K&N,SLP, etc.), and other things. But you won't reach those times you want without nos or a supercharger. Check out the timeslip section and see what people are running NA. Good luck maybe I'll see you around!
    95 Camaro 3.8L Y2K motor <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/coriya71\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/coriya71</a>

Comment

Naw, low 14's are definitely possible running NA. All I have on my car is exhaust and free intake mods, and I'm running 14.9. I'd say get the muffler, get some 2.5" pipes, a high-flow cat, maybe headers, pulleys, 2800-3000 stall convertor, transgo shift kit, the normal intake stuff, and you'll outta be 14.5 or lower easy.
      Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

OK I stand corrected. But how 'bout no 13's ;)
        Grdlock nice car, I'm tellin ya, you guys' newer cars make me want to trade in mine!
        95 Camaro 3.8L Y2K motor <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/coriya71\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/coriya71</a>

Comment

well, 13's would be hard to get NA, but it's not impossible. Check the timeslips page, Magnus has a 13.8 NA time... he also has a hella lotta sh*t on his car though. I'm sure you could get even lower if you bored out the engine a bit!
          Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

14.9's on engine intake / exhaust / chip / ign / etc ... 14.5, 14.3, 14,0 on torque converter, gears, suspension, etc ... go for the heads / cam and drop to 13.7's or less ... but about 4-5x that $1000 ...
            -Rob
            <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

You will need 6 quarts of Fairy dust and a sticker charger kit made by Type R. That should do it.

Comment

Yeah, PGriffith, just used up the last pouch of dust I had...but hey, heres a tip, I heard Toilet Paper is more areodynamic than Stickers, and can custom make your graphix with Crayons too! ;)
                For, Coriya..yeah Ill IM you sometime and see whats up..overall yeah..Thanks guys, im a newbie to the newer car era...so dont know about newer tech., better off fimilular with the muscle cars tho. Thanks, and ill be grateful for anymore feed back!
                [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
                ******Nick******<br />1997 Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />Automatic/T-Topped<br />3800 Series II V6

Comment

just make sure to wipe your butt with it first so it sticks.

Comment

Yeah...but make sure its not that sticky, then it becomes a mess at high speeds. ;)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SangersLowwFV6:
                      Yeah...but make sure its not that sticky, then it becomes a mess at high speeds. ;) <hr></blockquote>

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toto.gif[/img] you can't get away you little son of a B!tch!
                      1997 red 3.8 M5-Daily Driver<br />I/E, Magnaflow cat... <br /><br />1990 Talon TSI AWD-Weekend Warrier<br />Forged internals, Front Mount, SS valves, crower springs, -still under construction. Best stock E.T. 14.3@92--&gt;missing 4th doh!!

Comment

HE SAID UNDER $1000. I HAVE SPENT $7000 AND I AM ONLY AT 14.45. MIND YOU sorry bout the caps my seats cost $1000 and my tint and alarm was another $800.
                        6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

ok, get a whisper lid, k&n, cold/ram air kit, cat back exhaust, headers, lsd, remove maf screen, lca's, msd-dis-4, 2100 stall torque converter. i think these will get you there.
                          2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

msd-4, and 2100 (&lt;-- maybe typo) stall converter both would be a waste of money.

2800 stall TC would be a good help for your ETs in conjunction with a limited slip differential.

in essence, it usually cost money to get to 14s.
                            6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> HE SAID UNDER $1000. I HAVE SPENT $7000 AND I AM ONLY AT 14.45. MIND YOU sorry bout the caps my seats cost $1000 and my tint and alarm was another $800. <hr></blockquote>

It sounds like you spent alot on non-performance mods. i think he means $1000 dedicated to performance mods.
                              94 Camaro 3.4l A4<br />K&N FIPK<br />Flomaster 80-series Muffler<br />TB Coolant Bypass<br />Power Antenna

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X