Blinker problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blinker problem

My buddy has a 2000 Camaro, and his blinkers went out. The interior flasher does not work either, could this be a flasher problem or the socket it self.

I had a similar problem in my 97 but the flasher worked just no the blinker, i changed the sockets and everything worked.

Any Ideas, could it be the flasher or the socket?

Do you mean the lights are just on solid? If so, it's probably just a burnt out bulb.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

no its not a burnt out bulb, cuz i put in a new one and nothing happend.

Comment

So do none of them light up, or do they turn on but don't flash, or what?
        Matt
        Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

the light is on, but when you turn on the blinker nothing happens. and the flasher in the gauges will not turn on at all.

Comment

Check your blinker fluid
            New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
            RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
            crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
            The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

I'm assuming the hazard lights don't work either?

The manual says to first check connector C216 to make sure it's all connected. That's #7 here. It's at the base of the steering column.

Check terminal L of that connector with a test light and see if it lights up.

If it doesn't work, replace the flasher itself. If it does work, it says to replace the Hazard Warning Switch in the steering column.

[ April 26, 2005, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: 98Camaro3.8 ]
              Matt

Comment

matt, thanks for the info, but i am wondering why the hazards would work? the flasher does seem to me like that is what the problem could be.

Thanks again

Comment

So the hazards do work? It's not that surprising, because the hazards and turn signals use a different flasher.

http://www.leadingedgesim.com/mkapro...o/Flashers.jpg

#4 is the Turn Signal Lamp Flasher
                  #2 is the Hazard Lamp Flasher

If the hazards work, I would put my money on that flasher. ;)
                  Matt

Comment

ohh.....so it has to be the flasher....dude thanks for the help.

Comment

If you haven't fixed the problem already then maybe I have a solution...

If one bulb breaks, then the blinker on the same side (Either front or back depending on your situation) will not work. I had this problem with my Firebird. Water leaks into both sockets and causes the bulbs to explode at times. The turn signal light will just go solid when the blinker is engaged the direction with the broken bulb.
                      1998 A4 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

Originally posted by Th3 RiCk:
                        If you haven't fixed the problem already then maybe I have a solution...

If one bulb breaks, then the blinker on the same side (Either front or back depending on your situation) will not work. I had this problem with my Firebird. Water leaks into both sockets and causes the bulbs to explode at times. The turn signal light will just go solid when the blinker is engaged the direction with the broken bulb.
                        That's why the first thing I asked him was if he had a bulb out. ;)
                        Matt

Comment

I got the problem fixed, it was the flasher. Non of the blinkers worked, put in a new flasher and it started working.

It's good to know that there are people on this forum that actually know their stuff. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X