Enigne coolant low need suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enigne coolant low need suggestions

I CHECKED MY ENIGNE COOLANT TODAY AND NOTICED IT WAS LOW. NOW I BELIEV YOU FILL IT WITH ANTI-FREEZE CORRECT ? WHERE DO YOU FILL IT THE SAME PLACE THAT I CHECKED IT WITH THE DIP STICK ? ALSO IS THERE A WAY I CAN FLUSH AND CHANGE IT MY SELF ? THANX
    1997 Camaro LS1 RS
    1994 Camaro - Sold
    1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

fill the coolant via the tank where you check if its at the correct level. use dexcool...aka orange crap
    --1986 Firebird M5-- TEAM RED

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2109812

Comment

put in it what your car manual says to put in it. and you dont fill it were you check it (redbird8628 [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img] ).....you fill it through the hole on top of the radiator when you take off the cap on the left side
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

ok 2 ppl said different things which is it and where can i get the orange dexcool
        1997 Camaro LS1 RS
        1994 Camaro - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

if you dont want to take my advice thats fine......the manual in your glove box will tell you the exact same thing i said. its basic mechanical knowledge. you can get the coolant recommended in your manual at walmart.....autozone....anywhere like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs:
            ok 2 ppl said different things which is it and where can i get the orange dexcool
            Take your pick... i do not see why it matters where you add the coolant when topping off the level, as long as it is in one of those two places, obviously.

Any auto parts store should carry the "orange" coolant. It may be a good idea to make sure it is "GM Dexcool approved," usually there will be a little seal somewhere on the container. I get my Dexcool right from a GM dealership.

Draining and flushing the cooling system is not that tricky at all. When you refil, a 50/50 mixture of distilled water and Dexcool coolant is ideal. When flushing out the old coolant be sure you run your heater, this will help to flush the old stuff out of the heater core too.

Take your time and have fun!
            2000 Monterey Maroon Chevrolet Camaro<br />3.8L V-6/4spd Auto

Comment

the GM approval isnt something to ignore.

Comment

Agreed
                I will take on all comers...or come on all takers!!! Whichever you prefer.

Comment

ok ok sorry i read the manual and blldogg is correct. i will see if i can pick up a bottle today or tomorrow. so miox it with half water. do you guys use distilled ?
                  1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                  1994 Camaro - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Always use distilled water. ;)
                    If the level is just a little low, you don't need to mix it with water. But if you need to put a bunch in there, you'll want to mix it.
                    Matt
                    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
                    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X