....swap a v-8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ....swap a v-8?

ive been toying with the idea of putting the 350 in my car,its only a 3.4 and i cant seem to find anything for my car to make it faster.i wanna keep it the way it is and build it,but then i want to swap a v-8 in it,anyone know how big of a pain it is to do that? or any ideas?

It's ganna be a pain...

Engine
    Transmission
    Driveshaft
    Wiring Harnesses/Computer
    Mounts / Harness
    Suspension / Brakes (3.4's brakes ain't ganna do CRAP for V8's)
    Entire Exhaust system
    Fuel Lines / Fuel Tank / Fuel Pump
    Gauges if you want accurate readings
    Custom Hood if you go LS1 because you'll have to clear the airbox.

The plus side of this is if you're going with something powerfull and custom you can biuld the engine while it's out and get some good numbers out of it when you drop it in so you have a strong and powerfull motor... But the only time this is really worth it is if you're looking for something with 450 HP or more...
    1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

^^^ Yep. Not impossible, just a PITA. Bottom line, unless you really love your car, just buy an 8, you'll save money. Swaping from a 6 to an 8 is just costly. Where in FL are you?
      94 Firebird 3.4 - RIP<br />97 Firebird 3.8 - In the works

Comment

yea,i was thinking about that,and thats what i was comming up with.i was looking at a z28 and i was thinking about selling my car for it,but everyone has one. plus....its the bird is my first car i bought myself,and i wanna have it for a while...but i want more power,lol.

Comment

Im a little south of sarasota...in englewood

Comment

Originally posted by stktrtlewthbenie:
            yea,i was thinking about that,and thats what i was comming up with.i was looking at a z28 and i was thinking about selling my car for it,but everyone has one. plus....its the bird is my first car i bought myself,and i wanna have it for a while...but i want more power,lol.
            I understand that perfectly... In time I'm going to install a 427 in my RS. It will stand out and it will only be a weekend driver...
            1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

yea,well i was thinking of having a 2nd car,to drive incase something breaks,but the problem is insurance....its about...$6500 a year...almost as much as i make

Comment

...and so i can work on the firebird

Comment

get an older project camaro and buld that as a fast car or something. just remember that putting money into our cars will never make them worth much more. you will never get your money out of what you put in.

i have an 82 z28 i got for 300 bucks that WILL run 11s when im done.

and i dont pay that much for insurance either. for $6500 a year thats another camaro every year. look into liability and try to work with your insurance company for better prices, by getting good grades and taking a driving school. show them your windshield is not cracked and that you take good care of your car.

heck. if your insurance agent has an window, park in front of them and wipe the dust off your headlights and tell them it helps you to be safe. when it comes to insurance they want to screw you, so kiss some butt and get better prices
                  96 Camaro 3.8 A4 Basemodel: 8 mm wires, Shift Kit, Hollowed <br />Cat(o2 sims), RKSport exhaust, IAT 5.6K resistor, Home Depot CAI<br />&gt;&gt;&gt;15.375 @ 89.27&lt;&lt;&lt;NEW BEST TIME <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491</a>

Comment

...never thought of the insurance thing like that...ill hafta try it.although im not in school anymore might have a big deal in that.but as for a project....ive found an older style camaro...with no motor or tranny i wanted to get...but i dont have a place to work on it yet,we just moved not long ago,and we dont have a garage...oddly enough.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X