License Plate Bulb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License Plate Bulb

my 01 camaro rear license plate bulb is burt out. I was told by a very nice police officer that it was out and needed to be replaced asap. so I bought the bulb and I undid the connection, but its sealed. Its like glued in there. I was wondering if there was anyway I could get it out.

I'm in college so I really dont have access to alot of tools, but I didnt think a bulb was so involved. and if that 'glue' was there when I replace the bulb should I reglue it?

What color is the "glue"? Because they usually cover the contacts with a conuctive paste, since it's exposed to the elements. I'm not 100% sure, since I've yet to change that bulb out, but it should just unplug from the wiring harness
    2000 silver A4 Camaro<br />Whisper lid; Free Ram Air; BMR stb; MSD super conductor wires; Gatorback belt?<br />1986 RX-7 (daily driver)

Comment

its almost the same color as the housing, but more greyish. I tried just grabbing the bulb but it wouldnt come out.

Comment

do firebirds have bulbs back there?

Comment

all cars have too. you have to have the back license plate lit up. those lights come on with your headlights.

Comment

What bulb # is it? Mine is ugly yellowish looking and I'd like to get a more pure white bulb if I could.
            2002 Black Firebird:<br />A4, Y87, W68, T-tops<br />Best NA ET: 15.16 @ 90<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02</a>

Comment

but its still sealed in my harness :/

Comment

i would try to make it as dim as possible so nobody could read it ;)

Comment

The bulb is sandwiched in a housing - you need to unscrew the assembly from the bumper, then you need to give the base about a 90* twist to get the two halves apart to get to the bulb (a tiny thing). The bulb just pulls out of the socket from there.

If there's some corrosion causing it to stick, you might want to try spraying some WD-40 in there to see if it loosens it.
                  Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
                  Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                    Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                    by ssms5411
                    Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                    1 week ago
                  • RPDRed6
                    For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                    by RPDRed6
                    Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                    3 weeks ago
                  • ssms5411
                    No start problem
                    by ssms5411
                    So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                    4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X