what are some cheap, simple ways to get more power from a 3.4? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are some cheap, simple ways to get more power from a 3.4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are some cheap, simple ways to get more power from a 3.4?

aside from plugs/wires, and air filter?

acetone ;)

Comment

properly running(all 3.4Ls are higherly mileage, jsut keep up on maintenance)

-open up the exhaust
      -intake
      -gears/lsd
      -one piece driveshaft

and run mid 15s
      -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Underdrive pulleys are cheap and offer a pretty nice gain.

Comment

pullies
          intake
          exhaust
          headers (helps alot)
          gears
          ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

pullies
            custome cold air intake
            Full tune up includeing (plug wire o2's fuel filter and pcv valve)
            jcwhitney exhaust 160 dollars last time i saw
            gears and lsd
            al. driveshaft
            msd dis4 not cheep but a nice product

ps.what happen with the acetone post
            95 camaro 3.4 &lt; Jc whitney Exhaust, Chrome intake stage 2, Rk sport headers, msd dis-4, 160*thermo, Jet stage 2 chip, black racing stripes.<br /><br />91 Camaro rs 5.0 tbi gone but not forgoten

Comment

shut up.

[ May 17, 2005, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: navyblue2000 ]

Comment

Originally posted by IMTHEPUNISHER:
                "Cheap" way 2 get power outta' the 3.4L?? I recommend fillin' up the washer bottle w/ Zippo lighter fluid...tape lit matches 2 the washer nozzles...Spritz windshield. Viola! U'll think you're goin' "Back 2 The Future" @ any speed!!

BWAHAHAHAH!!!
                morons are born everyday :rolleyes:

Comment

his mom should have swallowed him. if you know what i mean

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                  http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                  Or this

Comment

^^^ [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

it doesnt add any power, but i like my short throw shifter if you have a 5 speed.
                    STICKERS LOTS OF 'EM j/k
                    fuel filter
                    performance isn't cheap, if you are lookin for simple, CAI is the easiest. If you get into exhaust manifolds, they aren't exactly easy from what i hear, i have yet to do them.
                    cam, and timing set does wonders as well, not exactly easy either.
                    1995 Camaro 3.4L Black with T tops, 5 speed manual<br /><br />Mods:<br />Pro 5.0 short throw shifter, MSD Ignition coils, 3.73 gears, Torsen LSD,Mac diff cover, Umi LCAs<br />K&N Cold Air Intake, Window Tint (20% rear, 35%front), aluminum driveshaft, fastchip tuning

Comment

Originally posted by 95DropTop:

ps.what happen with the acetone post
                      don't know...apparently some people thought I was advertising or something, though I didn't post any trade names :rolleyes: and apparently they didn't feel people had any interest, aside from their self-serving power trips of board moderation in the lounge forum.

but i'm still conducting my own trials with the stuff, and still getting around 30 mpg (though engine preservation is always a good motive too); I went back to HD this morning and bought a quart of xylene, for octane boost (because I'm switching from 89 to 87 gas...it's 10 cents cheaper); I have to find the right concentration.

and thanks for the advice.

[ May 11, 2005, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: kinetic ]

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber:
                        his mom should have swallowed him. if you know what i mean
                        or his dad should've used a kleenex.

Comment

And if Michael Jackson hadn't beat me to the front door...I'd be all of you guys' "Daddy". :rolleyes:

Comment

^^^^This guy is just getting annoying.

My 3.4 isnt high milaged! I only got 60 thousand on it [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                            Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

HEY GUYS IMTHEPUNISHER AND I'M ABOUT TO CHANGE MY NAME TO IMTHEBANNEDGUYWHOCANTSHUTUPANDQUITBEINGASMARTALEC! !!

[ May 17, 2005, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: navyblue2000 ]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X