need help pullin engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help pullin engine

im pullin my engine and tranny out because they both are almost dead.... whats the easiest way to do all this.. is there any step by step sites or anything out there.. or is there anyone that cant give me step by step procedures... also about how long would it take to pull my 3.4 engine and tranny.. Thanks
    Kyle

if you have to ask maybe you shouldn't be doing this yourself.
    2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

dont tell me what i shouldnt be doing i just wanna make sure that aint something that i have to disconect like my a/c so i dont F*CK everything up... this message board is to help people not to tell them what they should and should not do!

[ July 31, 2002: Message edited by: bu-bye ]</p>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by camaropimpz69:
        dont tell me what i shouldnt be doing i just wanna make sure that aint something that i have to disconect like my a/c so i dont F*CK everything up... this message board is to help people not to tell them what they should and should not do!<hr></blockquote>

I agree with Cale. If you have to ask maybe this is something you should have done by a proffesional. Why dont you get lost if you are going to act like that. I will not help you until you appologize to Cale for being rude.

[ July 31, 2002: Message edited by: bu-bye ]</p>

Comment

Thanks for sticking up for me Preston, I appreciate it bro.

CamaroPimp - I apologize for not sugar coating my reply to make it sound a little nicer but that is the truth. I don't think you would have reacted as violently as you did if maybe you also aren't a little insecure about whether or not you can do this?
          A good place to start is do you even have a cherry picker?
          2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by camaropimpz69:
            im pullin my engine and tranny out because they both are almost dead.... whats the easiest way to do all this.. is there any step by step sites or anything out there.. or is there anyone that cant give me step by step procedures... also about how long would it take to pull my 3.4 engine and tranny.. Thanks
            Kyle
            <hr></blockquote>

Ok just ignore the smart asses. Ok do you have a cherry picker or do you have access to a car lift? Assuming that you have a cherry picker the easiest way would be start by disconecting all of your wires hoses and all of that good stuff. Makes sure and label these in detail so you will be able to hook them back up. I also suggest taking pictures of where things go. Next step would be to remove the hood. I don't think that on the camaros you have to do this but it makes it much easier to work. Next drop the tranny and driveshaft. Make sure and put a jack or some blocks under the oil pan so it doesn't break your motor mounts. When you go to pull the motor I belive if I remember right you have to turn it when it comes out. If you do a search there is a guy on here who swapped out his 3.4 for a 350. I don't remember his name but he has pictures of it and that would help you alot.
            2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

Get a Haynes Manual or a Chiltons. Or maybe both. They will be very helpfull when doing this kind of a job.

Comment

if you're pulling both engine and tranny, it's much easier to take them both out together from under. and like Blue Flame V6 said, label everything. Haynes or Chilton's manual would help, Helms is better though expensive.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Blue Flame V6:
                Ok just ignore the smart asses.<hr></blockquote>

i agree.

Comment

camaropimpz69,
                  Watch it! We don't need talk like that here. :mad: You have been warned.
                  White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

THANKS A LOT to the ppl that are trying to help me with this... i was just makin sure i know everything before i start so i dont jack something up and have to pay money to replace it.. and yes i do have a cherry picker thank you very much!.. hey ppl gotta learn somtime how to do this and ppl cant learn unless you help them.. and i did look into having this done by a pro but i dont have 1,600$ for them to do it.. thats more then i paid for my LT1 im dropin in THANKS
                    KYLE

Comment

with the fbodies, you dont pull the engine..you drop the engine...

there are certain bolts you take out...

have u'r car on a hydrolic lift.. unbolt the bolts...

then lift the car off the ground... you gott ahve somethign holding the engine up under the car.. it comes off with the front axle as well

its kinda confusing..

me and my friend just recently dropped his 3.8 out of his firebird.. we are putting in a 5.7l LT1.
                      96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X