help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help

hi im new so hi to everyone out well i got a problem here i went to auto zone to check my codes cuse my check engine light came on so i check and in came me these codes p0102 maf or vaf circuit low input & p0141 o2 sensor heater circuit malfunction (bank1 sensor2) what on earth dose that me i ask auto zone thay didnt know for crap they said i need o2s and but didnt know about the other code help me out guys thanks
    2000 camaro rs:whisperlid, 2.5 magnaflow exhaust, catco high flow cat, fast toys cai, 3.73, 160 power stat, msd 8.5 wires ngk iridium spark plugs, hpp3, zzp w/p and alt. under drive pullies, 1.9 Rockers/LS6 Springs with ls1 retainers

I'm almost certain the bank 1 sensor 2 is the O2 sensor just before the converter. I had the p0141 code once and GM replaced the pre-converter sensor and it's been fine ever since. It was still under warranty at the time, so it didn't cost me anything.
    sigpic

Comment

No pre-cat sensor on a 2000. ;)
      Matt
      1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
      Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

yeah i got two of them one for each header so should i replace both of them and would that couse my the other code to 2 pop up the (p0102 maf or vaf circuit low input)or is that a hole diffrent thing
        2000 camaro rs:whisperlid, 2.5 magnaflow exhaust, catco high flow cat, fast toys cai, 3.73, 160 power stat, msd 8.5 wires ngk iridium spark plugs, hpp3, zzp w/p and alt. under drive pullies, 1.9 Rockers/LS6 Springs with ls1 retainers

Comment

i would replace both but you dont need too. and yes, its a totally different problem
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

really so do i have to change the sencor on my maf?

Comment

DTC P0102 Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit Low Frequency

Circuit Description
              The mass air flow (MAF) sensor measures the amount of air which passes through it into the engine. The PCM uses the mass air flow information to monitor engine operating conditions for fuel delivery calculations. A large quantity of air entering the engine indicates an acceleration or high load situation, while a small quantity of air indicates deceleration or idle. The MAF sensor produces a frequency signal which can be monitored using a scan tool. The frequency will vary within a range of around 2000 Hertz at idle to about 10,000 Hertz at maximum engine load. DTC P0102 will be set if the signal frequency from the MAF sensor is lower than the possible range of a normally operating MAF sensor.

Conditions for Running the DTC
              The engine is running.
              Throttle angle is less than 1.5 percent.
              Ignition voltage is more than 8.0 volts.
              IAC is more than 5 counts.
              Conditions for Setting the DTC

MAF signal frequency is less than 800 Hertz.
              Above conditions are present for over 0.5 seconds.
              Action Taken When the DTC Sets
              The PCM will illuminate the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) during the second consecutive trip in which the diagnostic test has been run and failed.
              The PCM will store conditions which were present when the DTC set as Freeze Frame/Failure Records data.
              Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC
              The PCM will turn OFF the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) during the third consecutive trip in which the diagnostic has run and passed.
              The history DTC will clear after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles have occurred without a malfunction.
              The DTC can be cleared by using a scan tool.
              Diagnostic Aids
              Inspect for the following:

Plugged intake air duct or filter element. A wide-open throttle acceleration from a stop should cause the mass air flow displayed on a scan tool to increase from about 4-6 gm/s at idle to 100 gm/s or more at the time of the 1-2 shift. If not, inspect for a restriction.

Many situations may lead to an intermittent condition. Perform each inspection or test as directed.

Important:
              Remove any debris from the connector surfaces before servicing a component. Inspect the connector gaskets when diagnosing or replacing a component. Ensure that the gaskets are installed correctly. The gaskets prevent contaminate intrusion.

Loose terminal connection
              Use a corresponding mating terminal to test for proper tension. Refer to Testing for Intermittent and Poor Connections , and to Connector Repairs in Wiring Systems for diagnosis and repair.
              Inspect the harness connectors for backed out terminals, improper mating, broken locks, improperly formed or damaged terminals, and faulty terminal to wire connection. Refer to Testing for Intermittent and Poor Connections, and to Connector Repairs in Wiring Systems for diagnosis and repair.
              Damaged harness Inspect the wiring harness for damage. If the harness inspection does not reveal a problem, observe the display on the scan tool while moving connectors and wiring harnesses related to the sensor. A change in the scan tool display may indicate the location of the fault. Refer to Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems for diagnosis and repair.
              Inspect the PCM and the engine grounds for clean and secure connections. Refer to Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems for diagnosis and repair.
              If the condition is determined to be intermittent, reviewing the Snap Shot or Freeze Frame/Failure Records may be useful in determining when the DTC or condition was identified.

DTC P0141 HO2S Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 2

Circuit Description
              Heated oxygen sensors are used to minimize the amount of time required for closed loop fuel control operation and to allow accurate catalyst monitoring. The oxygen sensor heater greatly decreases the amount of time required for the pre-catalyst oxygen sensors to become active. An oxygen sensor heater is required by catalyst monitor sensor to maintain a sufficiently high temperature which allows accurate exhaust oxygen content readings further from the engine. The PCM will run the heater test only after a cold start (determined by engine coolant and intake air temperature at the time of startup) and only once during an ignition cycle. When the engine is started the PCM will monitor the HO2S voltage. When the post HO2S voltage indicates a sufficiently active sensor, the PCM looks at how much time has elapsed since startup. If the PCM determines that too much time was required for the post HO2S to become active, this DTC will set. The time it should take the HO2S to reach operating temperature is based on the engine coolant temperature at start-up and the average Mass Air Flow since startup (higher average airflow or higher startup engine coolant temperature = shorter time to HO2S activity).

Conditions for Running the DTC
              No Misfire, CKP, Fuel injector, MAF, TP, EVAP, IAT, MAP, Fuel trim, EGR or ECT DTCs.
              System voltage is between 9 and 18 volts.
              Intake air temperature (IAT) is less than 35°C (95°F) at startup
              Engine coolant temperature (ECT) is less than 35°C (95°F) at startup.
              IAT and ECT are within 6°C (11°F) of each other at start-up.
              The average mass air flow for the sample period is less than 22.7 gm/s.
              Conditions for Setting the DTC
              Post HO2S voltage remains within 150 mV of the bias voltage (about 450 mV).
              The amount of time depends on engine coolant temperature at startup and the average air flow since startup.
              Action Taken When the DTC Sets
              The PCM will illuminate the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) during the second consecutive trip in which the diagnostic test has been run and failed.
              The PCM will store conditions which were present when the DTC set as Freeze Frame/Failure Records data.
              Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC
              The PCM will turn OFF the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) during the third consecutive trip in which the diagnostic has run and passed.
              The history DTC will clear after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles have occurred without a malfunction.
              The DTC can be cleared by using a scan tool.
              Diagnostic Aids
              Inspect for the following:

Many situations may lead to an intermittent condition. Perform each inspection or test as directed.

Important:
              Remove any debris from the connector surfaces before servicing a component. Inspect the connector gaskets when diagnosing or replacing a component. Ensure that the gaskets are installed correctly. The gaskets prevent contaminate intrusion.

Loose terminal connection
              Use a corresponding mating terminal to test for proper tension. Refer to Testing for Intermittent and Poor Connections , and to Connector Repairs in Wiring Systems for diagnosis and repair.
              Inspect the harness connectors for backed out terminals, improper mating, broken locks, improperly formed or damaged terminals, and faulty terminal to wire connection. Refer to Testing for Intermittent and Poor Connections, and to Connector Repairs in Wiring Systems for diagnosis and repair.
              Damaged harness Inspect the wiring harness for damage. If the harness inspection does not reveal a problem, observe the display on the scan tool while moving connectors and wiring harnesses related to the sensor. A change in the scan tool display may indicate the location of the fault. Refer to Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems for diagnosis and repair.
              Inspect the PCM and the engine grounds for clean and secure connections. Refer to Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems for diagnosis and repair.
              If the condition is determined to be intermittent, reviewing the Snap Shot or Freeze Frame/Failure Records may be useful in determining when the DTC or condition was identified.
              95 Camaro 3.8L Y2K motor <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/coriya71\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/coriya71</a>

Comment

thanks for the info this helps me alot

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X